Snapchat Blurry Pictures

Thue500

Hi, I have a Samsung Galaxy S6. Every time I try to take a picture of something close to me it gets really blurry. But when I press the screen to get it in focus it gets clear for a second and then gets blurry again.

First, i just thought it was just because of bad lighting but decided to open the camera app and take the same picture and I did it without any problems.  

I have had this problem for awhile now and it seems that they haven't patched it yet or else it's my phone. 

I would like to hear if anyone of you guys have the same problem and if you know a solution to this problem.

Also, a smaller thing when I take a picture it sometimes takes awhile before it takes it but I think that primarily causes of the phone are getting a bit old.

its snapchat not taking the pic when the camera is focused, seems like it wait a few seconds before it captures the pic other then waiting for it to be in focus, happens on my s6 edge too.

how i do it is click the screen to get it to focus then press the button to take the pic and try to time it so it captures when its focused, idk if there is a real fix i never looked into it

4 minutes ago, Robots (2005) said:

its snapchat not taking the pic when the camera is focused, seems like it wait a few seconds before it captures the pic other then waiting for it to be in focus, happens on my s6 edge too.

how i do it is click the screen to get it to focus then press the button to take the pic and try to time it so it captures when its focused, idk if there is a real fix i never looked into it

Yeah, that's the same thing I have been doing but gets annoying after awhile. Especially if you need to take a picture of something important and need the detail.

Welcome to Snapchat on Android! Bad as always.

I'm not kidding. If you didn't know, Snapchat doesn't take a picture per se on Android. It accesses the live view of your camera and takes a screenshot from that. This is simply a terrible way to handle things.

Nevertheless, until Snapchat gets fixed on Android, well, there's not much you can do. Try to be more accurate with your shots: take them right when the camera hits the right focus. Oh, and try not to move your phone.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

Have not used Snap on an android but sounds like the cameras AF is kinda lost. One thing could be that its just a bad minimum focus distance of the phone. Or the AF algorithms are pretty bad

FX-8350 GTX760 16GB RAM 250GB SSD + 1TB HDD

"How many roads must a man walk down?" "42"

5 minutes ago, Nineshadow said:

Welcome to Snapchat on Android! Bad as always.

I'm not kidding. If you didn't know, Snapchat doesn't take a picture per se on Android. It accesses the live view of your camera and takes a screenshot from that. This is simply a terrible way to handle things.

Nevertheless, until Snapchat gets fixed on Android, well, there's not much you can do. Try to be more accurate with your shots: take them right when the camera hits the right focus. Oh, and try not to move your phone.

I just don't remember that it always have been like this. 

But the biggest problem is when I press to focus and it gets clear and I press to take the picture it takes a sec before it takes it. So it's really hard to time and especially when it's not consistent. 

3 minutes ago, xQubeZx said:

Have not used Snap on an android but sounds like the cameras AF is kinda lost. One thing could be that its just a bad minimum focus distance of the phone. Or the AF algorithms are pretty bad

Yeah, first I also thought it maybe just was the phone I have dropped it a lot. But when i opened the normal camera app there are no problems and works normally.