SOOOOO TORN! Need build help :(

In the beginning of this month I started planning my gaming while Twitch streaming build, I got a lot of help here on the forums and now I finally have the money to start ordering the parts. Now RYZEN has been announced I'm really pressed on ordering my parts as for when I planned this build AMD was a joke and not even an option. SO now the question is do I stick with my pre planned intel build or swap for a RYZEN and AM4 board, keep in mind I plan on gaming at 1080p MAX settings while streaming threw OBS on twitch at 720p or lower.

Here is my current pre planned build below

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/L9WQM8

Also should I shell out an extra 150 for a 1080? I do not want to upgrade for atleast 2 years on any of this. But I do not want to have any overkill component either

3 minutes ago, Syphno said:

In the beginning of this month I started planning my gaming while Twitch streaming build, I got a lot of help here on the forums and now I finally have the money to start ordering the parts. Now RYZEN has been announced I'm really pressed on ordering my parts as for when I planned this build AMD was a joke and not even an option. SO now the question is do I stick with my pre planned intel build or swap for a RYZEN and AM4 board, keep in mind I plan on gaming at 1080p MAX settings while streaming threw OBS on twitch at 720p or lower.

Here is my current pre planned build below

https://pcpartpicker.com/list/L9WQM8

Also should I shell out an extra 150 for a 1080? I do not want to upgrade for atleast 2 years on any of this. But I do not want to have any overkill component either

the extra cores that would come with ryzen would help a lot if your streaming with OBS 

As someone who has ever been a mandatory AMD fan due to pricing and just recently (Yesterday) got a PC component that was made not 4 years ago; I can say, at least for my own humble and possibly incorrect opinion, I'ld say, even tho Ryzen definetly looks promising, let it sit. God knows what kind of bugs / incompatibility issues, errors. glitches we will have with such a new platform. 

This is just my opinion that may give you a few thoughts that havent crossed your mind before. Remember, its not buy and forget when it comes to PC. Everything will be different, your favourite programs or beloved everything else may not work aswell with a better performing CPU. 

But I may be and possibly are wrong

1 minute ago, AMDGrill said:

As someone who has ever been a mandatory AMD fan due to pricing and just recently (Yesterday) got a PC component that was made not 4 years ago; I can say, at least for my own humble and possibly incorrect opinion, I'ld say, even tho Ryzen definetly looks promising, let it sit. God knows what kind of bugs / incompatibility issues, errors. glitches we will have with such a new platform. 

This is just my opinion that may give you a few thoughts that havent crossed your mind before. Remember, its not buy and forget when it comes to PC. Everything will be different, your favourite programs or beloved everything else may not work aswell with a better performing CPU. 

But I may be and possibly are wrong

he should still wait, at the worst he wastes 2 weeks waiting for something he didn't end up wanting, and then buys the 7700k (possibly at a lower price). And at the best he gets a better cpu for the money. Really i cant see a negative outcome for just waiting 

I'd sit back and wait for the benchmarks, Ryzen looks to be interesting for streamers who could benefit most from multicore workloads. 

However all the internet has to go on currently is hearsay and AMD's own benchmarks.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

1 minute ago, 8-Bit Ninja said:

he should still wait, at the worst he wastes 2 weeks waiting for something he didn't end up wanting, and then buys the 7700k (possibly at a lower price). And at the best he gets a better cpu for the money. Really i cant see a negative outcome for just waiting 

I agree with this, no reason to buy now if Ryzen has a lot of potential.

Also, a 1070 is more than enough. A 1060 might even suffice here for 1080p but I'd do a 1070 just to be sure. You can always SLI later if you absolutely must but at that point you're probably better off getting the next current-gen GPU.

5 minutes ago, Kierax said:

I'd sit back and wait for the benchmarks, Ryzen looks to be interesting for streamers who could benefit most from multicore workloads. 

However all the internet has to go on currently is hearsay and AMD's own benchmarks.

I disagree in this one particular case. He will be streaming while playing games, so even if amds IPC is lower than it has been rumored, the 8 cores would still be a better buy. 

CPU: Amd 7800X3D | GPU: AMD 7900XTX

1 minute ago, goodtofufriday said:

I disagree in this one particular case. He will be streaming while playing games, so even if amds IPC is lower than it has been rumored, the 8 cores would still be a better buy. 

Fair point, but I'd rather throw my money at something I have faith in the figures of.  Once bitten twice shy an all that.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

Thank you for the input guys, I was completely sold on intel I mean fully confident! I watched the linus video yesterday and saw how choppy the intel 7700K was up against the lower end RYZEN chip it just does not seem right? I did two months of research and the 7700K was a promising chip for streaming and gaming

From what I've read and watched, more than 4 cores is great for non-gaming uses, such as video rendering, image editing, 3D modeling, and if you're doing lots of streaming.  If that is the route you want to go, then I would get the 1700X and an AM4 motherboard and go to town on it with a 1070.

Midnight Rig - CPU: i7-7700K / Cooler: Corsair h100i V2 / Motherboard: AsRock Z270 Taichi / RAM: G.Skill TridentZ 3200Mhz / GPU: EVGA GTX 1070 FTW2 / SSD: Crucial MX300 525GB / HDD: Seagate Barracuda 2TB 7200rpm / PSU: EVGA Supernova B2 750W