To heavy Graphics card?

Walt
Go to solution Solved by linesma,
19 hours ago, Walt said:

Thanks for your reaction but how do I install the screws into my GPU?

19 hours ago, W-L said:

For the bracket types those just bolt on using longer or existing PCI-E screws. 

You will not be putting any screws into your graphics card. They will attach to your case using the screw holes that just below your graphics card. With the one I use, it has an adjustable piece that makes contact with the graphics card. Here, Stop your heavy GPU from Saging,  is a video from Youtube that shows how to install the type that I have.

I hope this helps.

Hi everyone,

I'm building my first game pc and have a question about the GPU. I was lifting my GPU (msi gtx 1070 Armor) and it surprised me how heavy is was. So now my question is do I need to buy a GPU holder/bolder or is that nonsense?

Build further:
CPU: intel core i5-7600K
CPU cooler: Cryorig h7
Motherboard: msi z270 gaming carbon 
RAM: corsair vengeance lpx 16GB 3200MHz
HDD & SSD: wd elements red 2TB & Samsung 960 evo 500GB (pci m.2 SSD)
GPU: msi gtx 1070 armor 8GB OC
PSU: corsair RM550x
Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition

My own build: RΛZΞR theme

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

Video Card: MSI Armor gtx 1070 OC 8GB // RAM: Corsair Vengeance 16GB 3200MHz //  

SSD: Samsung EVO 960 500GB // HDD: 2x WD yellow edition 2TB //

Case: NZXT H440 RAZER edition // Power Supply: Corsair RM550x //         

Operating Software: Windows 10 pro 64-bit

My GTX970 is heavy as well. You really do not need to support it. I did it just for aesthetics. There are many types out there, bu this is the one that I used. Graphics card support

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche

6 minutes ago, Walt said:

-SNIP-

If you notice significant sag on the card then it would be a good idea to support the card to relieve the stress on the PCI-E slot. 

1 minute ago, W-L said:

If you notice significant sag on the card then it would be a good idea to support the card to relieve the stress on the PCI-E slot. 

Thanks for your fast reaction! How are those things called that can support my GPU?

CPU: Intel Core i5 7600K // CPU cooler: Cryorig H7 // Motherboard: MSI Z270 gaming pro carbon //       

2 minutes ago, Walt said:

Thanks for your fast reaction! How are those things called that can support my GPU?

Just search for GPU holder (support will bring up a lot of results for customer support). Something like this should work well while being pretty subtle -

https://www.amazon.com/MSI-GAMING-GeForce-Graphics-Bolster/dp/B01M104I2J

******If you paste in text into your post, please click the "remove formatting" button for night theme users.******

CPU- Intel 6700k OC to 4.69 Ghz GPU- NVidia Geforce GTX 970 (MSI) RAM- 16gb DDR4 2400 SSD-2x500gb samsung 850 EVO(SATA) Raid 0 HDD- 2tb Seagate Case- H440 Red w/ custom lighting Motherboard - MSI Z170 Gaming A OS- Windows 10 Mouse- Razer Naga Epic Chroma, Final Mouse 2016 turney proKeyboard- Corsair k70 Cherry MX brown

10 minutes ago, Walt said:

There isn't really a standard name for them, some call them GPU supports or brackets, most are aluminum or acrylic holders that prop up the far corner.

https://mnpctech.com/gpu-support-bracket/ 

39 minutes ago, linesma said:

My GTX970 is heavy as well. You really do not need to support it. I did it just for aesthetics. There are many types out there, bu this is the one that I used. Graphics card support

13 minutes ago, Walt said:

19 hours ago, Walt said:

19 hours ago, W-L said:

You will not be putting any screws into your graphics card. They will attach to your case using the screw holes that just below your graphics card. With the one I use, it has an adjustable piece that makes contact with the graphics card. Here, Stop your heavy GPU from Saging,  is a video from Youtube that shows how to install the type that I have.

I hope this helps.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music. - Friedrich Nietzsche