Gaming Monitor needed.

Apache Protocol

I have to choices currently is the ASUS MG248Q or ASUS VG248QE mainly i do play FPS Games CSGO and Battlefield 1 currently my i5/16gb/rx480 8gb is really giving me 100fps on medium setting in Battlefield 1 and dont mind CS:GO 200fps always i could cap it at 144 hz.

what monitor should i go with Freesync or no Freesync? i dont need a IPS pannel i could use TN no problem i have a 42inch 4k monitor for watching so i really need a Gaming monitor.

1080p is i think i could do for now.

GAMING RIG

i5 4590 / 16GB / RX 480 8GB

1 minute ago, Megah3rtz said:

What is your GPU and CPU? 

i5 4590 / 16GB RAM / RX 480 8GB

You can't use Freesync without an AMD card. 

i5 4590 / 16GB RAM / RX 480 8GB

Check my Signature.

GAMING RIG

4 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Then go for it, if its only a 20$ difference or so.

Currently the price is $60 difference here in the Philippines, i really dont understand why they cost that much.

GAMING RIG

4 minutes ago, Apache Protocol said:

Currently the price is $60 difference here in the Philippines, i really dont understand why they cost that much.

Cheaper than GSYNC. Do it though, the games that stay in your Freesync range will feel butter smooth at all times.

I can't go back to fixed refresh rate after getting my GSYNC monitor.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

8 minutes ago, Apache Protocol said:

Its a replacement to Vsync, it will make everything look smoother with next to no input lag, it might help with CS:GO and it will make other games prettier 

Personal build >  New-ish AMD main gaming setup           

PLEASE QUOTE OR @ ME FOR A RESPONSE xD 

2 minutes ago, Megah3rtz said:

Its a replacement to Vsync, it will make everything look smoother with next to no input lag, it might help with CS:GO and it will make other games prettier 

Why would it make games prettier? Its just framerate.

i7 6700K @ Stock (Yes I know) ~~~ Corsair H80i GT ~~~ GIGABYTE G1 Gaming Z170X Gaming 7 ~~~ G. Skill Ripjaws V 2x8GB DDR4-2800 ~~~ EVGA ACX 3.0 GTX 1080 SC @ 2GHz ~~~ EVGA P2 850W 80+ Platinum ~~~ Samsung 850 EVO 500GB ~~~ Crucial MX200 250GB ~~~ Crucial M500 240GB ~~~ Phanteks Enthoo Luxe

7 minutes ago, Noirgheos said:

Why would it make games prettier? Its just framerate.

Less screen tearing, its not just framerate. 

Less screen tearing, its not just framerate. 

You mean no screen tearing. That's the whole point, as long as you stay in range.

Also, that doesn't make it look prettier. Screen tearing is just annoying, nothing to do with graphics settings.

3 minutes ago, Noirgheos said:

nothing to do with graphics settings.

No it doesn't, but it still makes it look better. 

No it doesn't, but it still makes it look better. 

Don't see how it can look better. Just told you it doesn't affect how nice the game looks. Screen tearing is just there.

1 minute ago, Noirgheos said:

Don't see how it can look better. Just told you it doesn't affect how nice the game looks. Screen tearing is just there.

You're missing the point

You're missing the point

I see your logic, I just don't think its correct. It can't make it look prettier.

10 minutes ago, Noirgheos said:

I see your logic, I just don't think its correct. It can't make it look prettier.

That's fair, I'll re-word that next time. 

14 minutes ago, Noirgheos said:

Also, that doesn't make it look prettier. Screen tearing is just annoying, nothing to do with graphics settings.

if you consider stuttering can be quite immersion-breaking, that could be considered as "more pretty".

also, freesync allows you to run a game *within a range* of FPS, instead of just "this is what it should run at", giving you more freedom with graphics settings.

--

freesync doesnt *mean the game is more pretty*, but it's an enabler for things to be better.