graphics card not using it's full potental

masterex1000
Go to solution Solved by Adreyu,
1 minute ago, masterex1000 said:

okay, now i understand it, time to save up for an actual graphics card! or at least a quad core cpu :(, thanks though!

No problem, and honestly I would get both. that thing is not going to last you very long if you decide to play anything other than minecraft.

I have a "very" low-end computer, and i am okay with maybe not being able to play the latest games. However, there is one thing that i just can't help but notice, in this case I am using micraft as my example game, however you can substitute any game here. The problem is that when i activate the (i am guessing) software implementation of v-sync, my display is 60 hertz, it usually is at a little lower than 60, eg. 59, 54, etc. The incredibly weird thing is that when i am not using v-sync it is always above 60, usually 100. I am using an integrated amd a6-7400k gpu with a buffer-size of 2gb. I am also using the latest rev of windows 10 along with the latest supported drivers! Anything really does help. Thanks ahead of time.

22 minutes ago, masterex1000 said:

I have a "very" low-end computer, and i am okay with maybe not being able to play the latest games. However, there is one thing that i just can't help but notice, in this case I am using micraft as my example game, however you can substitute any game here. The problem is that when i activate the (i am guessing) software implementation of v-sync, my display is 60 hertz, it usually is at a little lower than 60, eg. 59, 54, etc. The incredibly weird thing is that when i am not using v-sync it is always above 60, usually 100. I am using an integrated amd a6-7400k gpu with a buffer-size of 2gb. I am also using the latest rev of windows 10 along with the latest supported drivers! Anything really does help. Thanks ahead of time.

V-sync is to cap it to the max output of your monitor which in this case is 60Hz therefore 60fps or so ......

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

3 minutes ago, VolkA said:

V-sync is to cap it to the max output of your monitor which in this case is 60Hz therefore 60fps or so ......

Yes, i understand that, the problem is that it keeps going under that 60 fps cap, is this just a problem with the hardware or is this my GPU deciding that it should lower it's load or what?

6 minutes ago, masterex1000 said:

Yes, i understand that, the problem is that it keeps going under that 60 fps cap, is this just a problem with the hardware or is this my GPU deciding that it should lower it's load or what?

Erm .. From what I know it should be around that fps. When you go to your monitor device manager or something, Do you see your monitor refresh rate as 59 or 60? I mean come on, it's just 1fps ......

Spoiler

[CPU] i5-4690K @ 4.5GHz with NZXT Kraken X61 [MOBO] Asus Z97-AR [Memory] HyperX Fury 32GB DDR3-1600 [Storage] Samsung 840 EVO 500GB & WD 1TB Black & Hitachi 1TB [GPU] Gigabyte GTX 1080 8GB Xtreme Gaming [Case] Corsair Air 540 [PSU] Cooler Master V1000 [Case Fan] Corsair SP140 LED Fan x 3 & SP120 LED Fan x 3 [Display] Main: Philips 31.5" FULL HD IPS | Side: Philips 28" 4K UHD [Keyboard] Razer Blackwidow Ultimate Stealth Edition [Mouse] Razer Ouroboros [Mouse Pad] Razer Firefly [Sound] BOSE Companion 5 Multimedia Speaker System

7 minutes ago, masterex1000 said:

When you drop below 60 fps v-sync will try to compensate by dropping to the next refresh rate, which is usually 30hz. if your frame rate keeps going below 60 fps intermittently you will experience jumpy frame rates. 

1 minute ago, Adreyu said:

When you drop below 60 fps v-sync will try to compensate by dropping to the next refresh rate, which is usually 30hz. if your frame rate keeps going below 60 fps intermittently you will experience jumpy frame rates. 

okay, now i understand it, time to save up for an actual graphics card! or at least a quad core cpu :(, thanks though!

1 minute ago, masterex1000 said:

No problem, and honestly I would get both. that thing is not going to last you very long if you decide to play anything other than minecraft.

1 minute ago, Adreyu said:

i like more of the other games like gl joequake but thanks!