Does this really old TV even support external speakers?

VerticalDiscussions

Hey there guys, so i have an LG RL-32CZ10RX. So i scavenged my Z506 speakers for use in a living room environment where movies and shows are more likely to be watched rather than in my small room with barely any place to put them on now. So i have the 5 independent speakers connected to the subwoofer and i have been reading the physical instruction booklet from this TV (i was unable to find any manual online regarding this TV even in a classic manual website, since the model number comes with no results) and in the front of the 32 inch model it only has an RCA audio connector (white) and another RCA audio connector (red) with the yellow for video, an S-Video port and a headphone port.

Ive been using the pixelized and barely visible TV menu settings to try and find any meaning to change the audio source but i am unable to come in contact with it (using the original remote with all the function keys present). 

I have connected the orange and black banana jack onto the white and red stereo ports on the subwoofer and to the TV ports, but theres still not audio coming out :/! Does this mean this TV wont support the speakers or is there any other function im missing to change :l? Thanks in advance.

This is a similar television to what i have and the only image i could find online for it:

1952c1a2e6aa1cc.jpg (800×598)

Groomlake Authority

If you're using the RCA input, just connect the speakers to the red and white jacks and don't connect them to the television. You can use cheap little adapter plugs and cables to get the desired input kind if needed (RCA, 3.5mm, etc.). The TV will be none the wiser, but you won't be getting surround sound. 

Main System: Phobos

AMD Ryzen 7 2700 (8C/16T), ASRock B450 Steel Legend, 16GB G.SKILL Aegis DDR4 3000MHz, AMD Radeon RX 570 4GB (XFX), 960GB Crucial M500, 2TB Seagate BarraCuda, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations/macOS Catalina

Secondary System: York

Intel Core i7-2600 (4C/8T), ASUS P8Z68-V/GEN3, 16GB GEIL Enhance Corsa DDR3 1600MHz, Zotac GeForce GTX 550 Ti 1GB, 240GB ADATA Ultimate SU650, Windows 10 Pro for Workstations

Older File Server: Yet to be named

Intel Pentium 4 HT (1C/2T), Intel D865GBF, 3GB DDR 400MHz, ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB (HIS), 80GB WD Caviar, 320GB Hitachi Deskstar, Windows XP Pro SP3, Windows Server 2003 R2

42 minutes ago, manikyath said:

-snip-

Ehe, we just found this TV even had such jack output today aha!

I dont have any headphones to test the quality of the TV amplifier sadly :(.

Groomlake Authority

49 minutes ago, Jamiec1130 said:

-snip-

We had connected all the plugs to the TV and after using all settings available on the remote and the output panel in front of the panel we were unable to get any output trough the speakers. 

If an adapter is needed, im not sure if we can still give any life to the TV and there wont be any surround sound like you said :/. The only thing i was able to find regarding sound quality were the equalizer preset profiles but nothing else. Thanks for the input of course :D

Groomlake Authority