From iPhone to PC headphones.

kelvinhall05
Go to solution Solved by kelvinhall05,
5 minutes ago, anothertom said:

You probably didn't set it as the default recording device then.

Huh?

EDIT: Figured out how to do it, it was set to default, but I had to go into properties and check "Listen to this device".

I want to connect my iPhone to my computer as a sort of mic, but not really. What I want to achieve is to be able to play a Youtube video on my phone, and with the phone plugged into my mic port on my PC, the audio from the video becomes my "voice" in games. If you understand what I mean, is this possible? Thanks!

Quote me to see my reply!

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

Can you be more specific, or reiterate what you mean?

Are you trying to do a voiceover for a video or what?

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

I'm trying to get music (or just plain audio) from a Youtube video to a voice chat in a game. The thing is, I don't want to have to touch my phone to the mic to get the sound, since it sounds pretty bad.

SPECS:

CPU: Ryzen 7 3700X Motherboard: MSI B450-A Pro Max RAM: 32GB I forget GPU: MSI Vega 56 Storage: 256GB NVMe boot, 512GB Samsung 850 Pro, 1TB WD Blue SSD, 1TB WD Blue HDD PSU: Inwin P85 850w Case: Fractal Design Define C Cooling: Stock for CPU, be quiet! case fans, Morpheus Vega w/ be quiet! Pure Wings 2 for GPU Monitor: 3x Thinkvision P24Q on a Steelcase Eyesite triple monitor stand Mouse: Logitech MX Master 3 Keyboard: Focus FK-9000 (heavily modded) Mousepad: Aliexpress cat special Headphones:  Sennheiser HD598SE and Sony Linkbuds

🏳️‍🌈

2 minutes ago, Kloaked said:

He probably is trying to troll people in video games by using sound from his phone as the mic input. 

2 minutes ago, Arty said:

He probably is trying to troll people in video games by using sound from his phone as the mic input. 

Exactly :P;) 

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

Look into something like Virtual Audio Cable or other types of virtual microphone/audio solutions.

Stuff like this allows you to play audio clips on your PC, which will be much more elegant than what you are trying to do..

If you still want to do what you are trying to do, look into audio input ports on soundcards, maybe you can ghetto mod those so the PC can have that sound input.

"We're all in this together, might as well be friends" Tom, Toonami.

mini eLiXiVy: my open source 65% mechanical PCB, a build log, PCB anatomy and discussing open source licenses: https://linustechtips.com/topic/1366493-elixivy-a-65-mechanical-keyboard-build-log-pcb-anatomy-and-how-i-open-sourced-this-project/

mini_cardboard: a 4% keyboard build log and how keyboards workhttps://linustechtips.com/topic/1328547-mini_cardboard-a-4-keyboard-build-log-and-how-keyboards-work/

1 minute ago, Minibois said:

Look into something like Virtual Audio Cable or other types of virtual microphone/audio solutions.

Stuff like this allows you to play audio clips on your PC, which will be much more elegant than what you are trying to do..

If you still want to do what you are trying to do, look into audio input ports on soundcards, maybe you can ghetto mod those so the PC can have that sound input.

I gave up when trying to set it up lol. Though you still need to playback in your computer and would be nicer if you don't have to alt tab from game to do that but rather using a phone to control (i think that's what OP wants)

2 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

I gave up when trying to set it up lol. Though you still need to playback in your computer and would be nicer if you don't have to alt tab from game to do that but rather using a phone to control (i think that's what OP wants)

@Minibois I want hardware, for this exact reason (and 1 or 2 others).

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

8 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Exactly :P;) 

get a aux cord from the audio out from your phone and put into audio in of pc 

that's all it takes

1 minute ago, Arty said:

get a aux cord from the audio out from your phone and put into audio in of pc 

that's all it takes

Tried that originally, if it had worked I wouldn't have made this post.

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

8 minutes ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Tried that originally, if it had worked I wouldn't have made this post.

5 minutes ago, anothertom said:

Huh?

EDIT: Figured out how to do it, it was set to default, but I had to go into properties and check "Listen to this device".

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈

1 minute ago, kelvinhall05 said:

Huh?

Right click on the speaker icon.

Select recording devices. If you plug in your phone via 3.5mm jack it should appear as 'line in' (you can find out by unplugging it and seeing which one changes from 'not plugged in' to 'ready').

Right click on it and choose 'set as default device'. Well done, you've just set your phone to act as your default recording device instead of a mic.

1 minute ago, anothertom said:

Right click on the speaker icon.

Select recording devices. If you plug in your phone via 3.5mm jack it should appear as 'line in' (you can find out by unplugging it and seeing which one changes from 'not plugged in' to 'ready').

Right click on it and choose 'set as default device'. Well done, you've just set your phone to act as your default recording device instead of a mic.

Check my edit, thanks anyways :)

SPECS:

🏳️‍🌈