Which picture would you choose? Everyone's opinion is needed.

Which video would you click on?  

17 members have voted

1. 1. Choose one

• Video no.1?
    • Video no.2?
    • Video no.3?
    • Video no.4?
    • Video no.5?
    • Video no.6?

So I am looking for an eye catching thumbnail and I need as many people as possible to get a good idea of what the average person finds eye catching.

Here are the options:

Video no.1

Thumbnail possibility 1.png

Video no.2

Thumbnail Possibility 2.png

Video no.3

Thumbnail Possibility 3.png

Video no.4

Thumbnail possibility 4.png

Video no.5

Thumbnail possibility 5.png

Video no.6

Thumbnail possibility 6.png

Edited by WhatComesAround
I messed up

That really depends on the title of your video imo. But without knowing the title id definitely go for the first one. No offense but the other ones , without context, look kinda boring tbh. If you were to tell me that your video is about some kind of crazy rendered 3D car or something id for example go for 3 i think :)

Cheers

I'd go for 1. My second choice would be 6.

Project White Lightning (My ITX Gaming PC): Core i5-4690K | CRYORIG H5 Ultimate | ASUS Maximus VII Impact | HyperX Savage 2x8GB DDR3 | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Black 1TB | Sapphire RX 480 8GB NITRO+ OC | Phanteks Enthoo EVOLV ITX | Corsair AX760 | LG 29UM67 | CM Storm Quickfire Ultimate | Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum | HyperX Cloud II | Logitech Z333

Benchmark Results: 3DMark Firestrike: 10,528 | SteamVR VR Ready (avg. quality 7.1) | VRMark 7,004 (VR Ready)

Other systems I've built:

Core i3-6100 | CM Hyper 212 EVO | MSI H110M ECO | Corsair Vengeance LPX 1x8GB DDR4  | ADATA SP550 120GB | Seagate 500GB | EVGA ACX 2.0 GTX 1050 Ti | Fractal Design Core 1500 | Corsair CX450M

Core i5-4590 | Intel Stock Cooler | Gigabyte GA-H97N-WIFI | HyperX Savage 2x4GB DDR3 | Seagate 500GB | Intel Integrated HD Graphics | Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 | be quiet! Pure Power L8 350W

I am not a professional. I am not an expert. I am just a smartass. Don't try and blame me if you break something when acting upon my advice.

...why are you still reading this?

2 minutes ago, Glibber4 said:

That really depends on the title of your video imo. But without knowing the title id definitely go for the first one. No offense but the other ones , without context, look kinda boring tbh. If you were to tell me that your video is about some kind of crazy rendered 3D car or something id for example go for 3 i think :)

Cheers

Thank you very much, you are very right. The thumbnail is half the battle, I don't think I want to use a clickbait title but I think it may boost my video to greater heights. I am not offended by anyone's opinion because all that matters in this situation is what people would click on and if you think it's boring then you are right. I made the video, for me it isn't boring but I am not interested in me but what others find eyecatching. Btw I'll send you a link to the video once it's done rendering (;( render times). As for the context the video is about two things, the new gta V graphics mod, redux and all of it's features but at the same time it's a story about trevor and how he goes from being broke (sorta) and living a painful life to becoming rich and helping others out. And it's not the typical director mode shit where the story is obvious and crappy, the story is kinda hard to pick up but even if u dont notice the small details you would have a small adrenaline rush ish kinda thing. P.S I put too much hard work and thought into this than first intended, just hope everyone gets the message that is in the video.

1 minute ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Thanks for helping me out, I'll quote everyone that replied with a link to my video once it's finished rendering. Hope everyone will like it. :D If you want to get an idea of what it's like, here is a video that is half as good <--- very important  but still has some graphics enhancements but no story: 

And it looks like no.1 is the clear winner, big thanks to everyone who voted! :D

6 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

Thank you very much, you are very right. The thumbnail is half the battle, I don't think I want to use a clickbait title but I think it may boost my video to greater heights. I am not offended by anyone's opinion because all that matters in this situation is what people would click on and if you think it's boring then you are right. I made the video, for me it isn't boring but I am not interested in me but what others find eyecatching. Btw I'll send you a link to the video once it's done rendering (;( render times). As for the context the video is about two things, the new gta V graphics mod, redux and all of it's features but at the same time it's a story about trevor and how he goes from being broke (sorta) and living a painful life to becoming rich and helping others out. And it's not the typical director mode shit where the story is obvious and crappy, the story is kinda hard to pick up but even if u dont notice the small details you would have a small adrenaline rush ish kinda thing. P.S I put too much hard work and thought into this than first intended, just hope everyone gets the message that is in the video.

Alright sounds cool, looking forward to watch it. :)

But see that changes the whole story a lot. If your video was purely about the graphics mod id go for 3 or 6. On the other hand i would really avoid taking 5 and 4 because imo they seem obviously like a GTA V Screenshot or at least definitely rendered.

But as you also seem to care about the story part a lot, imo 1 or 2 are the only choices then, because there is something else on those 2 than wicked graphics. That kinda gives you a good impression of what to expect still id go for 1 because trevor is more apparent in that one and the graphics still look nice :)

3 minutes ago, Glibber4 said:

But see that changes the whole story a lot. If your video was purely about the graphics mod id go for 3 or 6. On the other hand i would really avoid taking 5 and 4 because imo they seem obviously like a GTA V Screenshot or at least definitely rendered.

But as you also seem to care about the story part a lot, imo 1 or 2 are the only choices then, because there is something else on those 2 than wicked graphics. That kinda gives you a good impression of what to expect still id go for 1 because trevor is more apparent in that one and the graphics still look nice :)

Thanks for your interest in my topic, I expected everyone would just vote and leave but you gave some very good points on what I should think about which honestly I completely forgot about (specifically the title, was thinking of something along the lines of "GTA V | Graphics Showcase | Redux Mod UHD 60 FPS | SUPER COOL 2000" xD so the last part was a bit of a joke but the part up till maybe 60FPS I might keep since that is what quite a lot of people that do what I do go for with better results than what I am currently receiving. I think I might make a separate poll for the title later but I will still upload the video once it's done rendering and change the title later on.

9 minutes ago, Glibber4 said:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=grapics+showcase+gta+v

Everyone's using these kinda titles. 

1 hour ago, Glibber4 said:

Cheers

1 hour ago, ThinkWithPortals said:

Here's the link to the video, it will be ready in an hour (still uploading) :  https://youtu.be/kBwISoIkLD8

32 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

Thanks for your interest in my topic, I expected everyone would just vote and leave but you gave some very good points on what I should think about which honestly I completely forgot about (specifically the title, was thinking of something along the lines of "GTA V | Graphics Showcase | Redux Mod UHD 60 FPS | SUPER COOL 2000" xD so the last part was a bit of a joke but the part up till maybe 60FPS I might keep since that is what quite a lot of people that do what I do go for with better results than what I am currently receiving. I think I might make a separate poll for the title later but I will still upload the video once it's done rendering and change the title later on.

Alright, besides the last part beeing indeed a little bit silly :), id cut the UHD and replace it with 4k, as that is just the more common term used all over YouTube. Secondly you've gotta keep in mind that the shorter the title the more catchy and the higher the chance that people actually read it fully and get interested in your video. 

If i may give you a general tip, you shouldn't care too much about what other people do in the same category. Although their video titles may see alright for you, your video is not gonna stand out from the other judging by the title. If i end up watching GTA V graphics mod videos and look at the recommended bar on the right, why should i click your video? Of course the thoumbnail is important but imo the title every bit as. So why not consider taking a totally different title which is not clickbait or misleading but maybe also appealing not only to people looking for gta V mod showcases. Do you get my point? Im not saying yours or someone elses title is bad i just think if you want people to see you video, make it somehow unique and outstanding, already starting with the title/thumbail. 

8 minutes ago, Glibber4 said:

Alright, besides the last part beeing indeed a little bit silly :), id cut the UHD and replace it with 4k, as that is just the more common term used all over YouTube. Secondly you've gotta keep in mind that the shorter the title the more catchy and the higher the chance that people actually read it fully and get interested in your video. 

If i may give you a general tip, you shouldn't care too much about what other people do in the same category. Although their video titles may see alright for you, your video is not gonna stand out from the other judging by the title. If i end up watching GTA V graphics mod videos and look at the recommended bar on the right, why should i click your video? Of course the thoumbnail is important but imo the title every bit as. So why not consider taking a totally different title which is not clickbait or misleading but maybe also appealing not only to people looking for gta V mod showcases. Do you get my point? Im not saying yours or someone elses title is bad i just think if you want people to see you video, make it somehow unique and outstanding, already starting with the title/thumbail. 

I see what you mean, and once again you are right, but it is pretty hard to make mine stand out without making the title drift further away from what the video truly is. The problem is my video has something a lot of other gta v modding channels have and that is a graphics mod and I am showcasing however what makes mine stand out is that it has a story (which I hope is not too obvious but also not too hard to find without replaying the video over and over again). So I believe I should use the story to my advantage but I am finding it hard to do that. Maybe something like "No Pain No Gain | Ultra Realistic GTA V Film" or maybe something that questions the viewer "Is this still GTA? | GTA V Realistic Graphics Showcase" but in this case my video become "just another graphics showcase" and not a story as well. I think a good idea would be to wait until the video is done processing, create a thread asking people if they have any creative idea as to what the title should be and add those names to a poll. Then the winner is the title ill choose. And btw, my video is not in 4K, I rendered it in 4K because I thought it would help but it doesn't. I don't know why it's not in 4K, I used my 4K tv and had GTA V settings bumped to 4K, basically everything was 4K but when I right clicked on details on each clip they all ended up being 1080 :/

6 minutes ago, WhatComesAround said:

I see what you mean, and once again you are right, but it is pretty hard to make mine stand out without making the title drift further away from what the video truly is. The problem is my video has something a lot of other gta v modding channels have and that is a graphics mod and I am showcasing however what makes mine stand out is that it has a story (which I hope is not too obvious but also not too hard to find without replaying the video over and over again). So I believe I should use the story to my advantage but I am finding it hard to do that. Maybe something like "No Pain No Gain | Ultra Realistic GTA V Film" or maybe something that questions the viewer "Is this still GTA? | GTA V Realistic Graphics Showcase" but in this case my video become "just another graphics showcase" and not a story as well. I think a good idea would be to wait until the video is done processing, create a thread asking people if they have any creative idea as to what the title should be and add those names to a poll. Then the winner is the title ill choose. And btw, my video is not in 4K, I rendered it in 4K because I thought it would help but it doesn't. I don't know why it's not in 4K, I used my 4K tv and had GTA V settings bumped to 4K, basically everything was 4K but when I right clicked on details on each clip they all ended up being 1080 :/

Yeah but then completely cut the UHD/4k part as your video only is 1080 haha. 

About the title, i think the poll thingy is a good idea. Directly regarding your 2 suggestions. I think the first one is better than you think it is. Like the basic concept of it is more appealing to me. I think if you're coming up with a name for your movie and write that in your title, additionally with something about the mod (e.g the name [redux?]) That could end up being a very nice title after trying around a bit.

I think the second one is subliminally too suggestive, that reminds me of clickbait, as a lot of clickbait titles ask a very suggestive question towards the viewer. I mean, if thats okay for you (which i don't really think, judging by what you wrote) then the title's not bad i guess :)