corsair gs800 and two r9 290

can corsair gs800 handle two r9 290, both running on stock, one water cooled and one on stock cooler. i have 2tb seagate hdd+1tb seagate hdd+128gb ssd+i5 4670k at stock clock(water cooled)+6 case fans+8gb ram.

motherboard is msi h87m-g43.

10 minutes ago, mghgs91 said:

can corsair gs800 handle two r9 290, both running on stock, one water cooled and one on stock cooler. i have 2tb seagate hdd+1tb seagate hdd+128gb ssd+i5 4670k at stock clock(water cooled)+6 case fans+8gb ram.

what psu?

CPU: Intel9-9900k 5.0GHz at 1.36v  | Cooling: Custom Loop | MOTHERBOARD: ASUS ROG Z370 Maximus X Hero | RAM: CORSAIR 32GB DDR4-3200 VENGEANCE PRO RGB  | GPU: Nvidia RTX 2080Ti | PSU: CORSAIR RM850X + Cablemod modflex white cables | BOOT DRIVE: 250GB SSD Samsung 850 evo | STORAGE: 7.75TB | CASE: Fractal Design Define R6 BLackout | Display: SAMSUNG OLED 34 UW | Keyboard: HyperX Alloy elite RGB |  Mouse: Corsair M65 PRO RGB | OS: Windows 10 Pro | Phone: iPhone 11 Pro Max 256GB

4 minutes ago, KOMTechAndGaming said:

what psu?

CORSAIR GS800 -800w continuous power, 880w peak power.

8 hours ago, mghgs91 said:

Don't. It's based on the old CX platform iirc which I wouldn't put two GPUs under stress on. Get an RM750x or something like that.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||

2 hours ago, STRMfrmXMN said:

Don't. It's based on the old CX platform iirc which I wouldn't put two GPUs under stress on. Get an RM750x or something like that.

(CWT PUQ-B, used in the CX 750/850(M) (Both green and gray labels), some TX-M and of course the GS series.) 

11 hours ago, mghgs91 said:

CORSAIR GS800 -800w continuous power, 880w peak power.

I wouldn't run two 290's pulling a billion watts from that psu my mate, unless you're ready for some sweet smokey smokey

Not that good PSU, if at all possible, don't use it.

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"

6 hours ago, Comic_Sans_MS said:

(CWT PUQ-B, used in the CX 750/850(M) (Both green and gray labels), some TX-M and of course the GS series.) 

can u please elaborate these platform( CX, CWT PUQ-B) things

5 hours ago, Generallee said:

I wouldn't run two 290's pulling a billion watts from that psu my mate, unless you're ready for some sweet smokey smokey

i know that two r9 290 pulls near 600w maximum, and its a 800w continuous power supply, nothing overclocked. how possibly it could be smoky smoky

24 minutes ago, mghgs91 said:

i know that two r9 290 pulls near 600w maximum, and its a 800w continuous power supply, nothing overclocked. how possibly it could be smoky smoky

also take a look at this 

37 minutes ago, mghgs91 said:

Channel Well Technologys (CWT) makes a lot of Corsair's and other brand's of PSUs. 

CWT PUQ-B is the model that the Corsair Gamer Series (GS) is based on.

The Corsair CX 750W and 850W, and selected Corsair TX-M models are also based on the same CWT PUQ-B platform.

I was only telling @STRMfrmXMN that because I didn't know if he remembered that off the top of his head. (he probably did, but now I can say I helped) 

I thought I had more to that post, I guess I didn't. 

5 hours ago, mghgs91 said:

Only Bronze Efficiency, rather tiny heatsinks - if at all (newer versions didn't have heatsinks for +12V rectifier) but DC-DC...

And it's old...

Here a review of the old version:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/GS800/4.html

And that's the newer one:

https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Corsair/GS800_V2/4.html

"Hell is full of good meanings, but Heaven is full of good works"