Which RX 480 8GB?

Richtofen_
2 minutes ago, PCGuy_5960 said:

For $220? You can find cheaper 480s and 1060s...

I could get a RX 480 8GB model cheaper? I mean, I was planning to get the MSI model because it had some decent reviews.

the sky is up

2 minutes ago, Richtofen The Hyena said:

I could get a RX 480 8GB model cheaper? I mean, I was planning to get the MSI model because it had some decent reviews.

You can get a 480 8GB for $20 less...

However, spend $10 more and get the GTR. It is MUCH better:

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/9rvZxr/xfx-radeon-rx-480-8gb-gtr-video-card-rx-480p8dba6

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K | Motherboard: AsRock X99 Extreme4 | Graphics Card: Gigabyte GTX 1080 G1 Gaming | RAM: 16GB G.Skill Ripjaws4 2133MHz | Storage: 1 x Samsung 860 EVO 1TB | 1 x WD Green 2TB | 1 x WD Blue 500GB | PSU: Corsair RM750x | Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) | Cooling: Arctic Freezer i32

Mice: Logitech G Pro X Superlight (main), Logitech G Pro Wireless, Razer Viper Ultimate, Zowie S1 Divina Blue, Zowie FK1-B Divina Blue, Logitech G Pro (3366 sensor), Glorious Model O, Razer Viper Mini, Logitech G305, Logitech G502, Logitech G402

Yep, the GTR is bad ass.

All this BS debate over the 1060 vs 480 totally side steps overclocking. Realistically neither is better than the other, and neither is guarantied to be better down the line. You buy based on price at that tier of graphics card. 

The 1060 6g will overclock better than a 480.

The 480 will crossfire with another 480 while the 1060 does not support SLI.

That's the facts, and the only facts. 

If anyone asks you never saw me.

I'm getting this one this week only 205, and i done some research and asked around a lot of people say msi make good gpu's,

https://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137023&cm_re=msi_radeon_480_8gb-_-14-137-023-_-Product.

Also thing about the cool lighting this one comes with( unless you don't have a sidewindow), and i would say its a good future proof card as you can just buy another one in a year or two it will probably be cheaper than and just crossfire 'em.

1 hour ago, <Aleks> said:

I'm getting this one this week only 205, and i done some research and asked around a lot of people say msi make good gpu's,

https://www.newegg.com/global/uk/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814137023&cm_re=msi_radeon_480_8gb-_-14-137-023-_-Product.

Also thing about the cool lighting this one comes with( unless you don't have a sidewindow), and i would say its a good future proof card as you can just buy another one in a year or two it will probably be cheaper than and just crossfire 'em.

That wasn't in my currency tho lmao

the sky is up

Funny, but Sapphine Nitro+ is the cheapest one in my country, yet it's top class. Check that one as well. 

The ability to google properly is a skill of its own. 

i have the xfx rs and i cant fault it (custom cooler)

international racing driver

My Build

i5-7600k

hyper x fury 16gb (2133)mhz

asus strix 1070 

CM 212x

asus z270-p

corsair 550w psu

agon 1440p 144hz tn monitor

corsair strafe mx silent KB

corsair void rbg (wired)

razer mamba te with firefly mouse pat

ps4 controller using ds4 windows

On 2/17/2017 at 2:21 PM, App4that said:

This is the deal I'd go with. Best price and Sapphire is always reliable.

Intel Core i7-8700K @ 4.8GHz | Corsair H110i GTX | EVGA RTX 2080 XC | Asus ROG Maximus XI | Intel M.2 nVME SSD 1TB | Samsung 850 EVO 2X2TB | 32GB G.SKILL Trident Z 3200MHz CL14 RAM | EVGA SuperNova GS 1050W | Kept cool & quiet in a Fractal Design Define R5 Window with all Noctua fans

14 hours ago, Richtofen The Hyena said:

That wasn't in my currency tho lmao

Ohh my bad dude, i feel like a idiot now xD.

Just got my PowerColor Red Devil 480 8Gb for my second system and loving it...

Super quiet and its now pretty good price as well.