what are the benefits of crossfire is it worth?

Anshul Gumber

What are the benefits of crossfire . I know that its going to increase the performance but how much and yaa if bought a new card using old one along with that could be great. 

But what if i don't own one and would like to put 2 card for the crossfire ?  Is that gonna be worth it? Thanks for the help in advance

What cars are we talking about here.I ussualy woudn't reccomend it but if you can get a car for cheap then go for it.Also the new and old probaly dosen't work

My life

13 minutes ago, Himommies said:

What cars are we talking about here.I ussualy woudn't reccomend it but if you can get a car for cheap then go for it.Also the new and old probaly dosen't work

Whats all the talk about cars for? If we crossfire a car do we actually just burn them ? :P

16 minutes ago, Anshul Gumber said:

What are the benefits of crossfire . I know that its going to increase the performance but how much and yaa if bought a new card using old one along with that could be great. 

But what if i don't own one and would like to put 2 card for the crossfire ?  Is that gonna be worth it? Thanks for the help in advance

Depends on the card, the game, the resolution and the rest of the system 

Ryzen Ram Guide

My Project Logs   Iced Blood    Temporal Snow    Temporal Snow Ryzen Refresh

CPU - Ryzen 1700 @ 4Ghz  Motherboard - Gigabyte AX370 Aorus Gaming 5   Ram - 16Gb GSkill Trident Z RGB 3200  GPU - Palit 1080GTX Gamerock Premium  Storage - Samsung XP941 256GB, Crucial MX300 525GB, Seagate Barracuda 1TB   PSU - Fractal Design Newton R3 1000W  Case - INWIN 303 White Display - Asus PG278Q Gsync 144hz 1440P

20 minutes ago, Himommies said:

rx480

3 minutes ago, Anshul Gumber said:

rx480

2 rx480s are good

My life

1 minute ago, Himommies said:

2 rx480s are good

ya ofcourse they are good because they gonna be 2 but is it worth to spend money for another rx 480 .

4 minutes ago, Anshul Gumber said:

ya ofcourse they are good because they gonna be 2 but is it worth to spend money for another rx 480 .

Depends on game and resoloution

My life

4 minutes ago, Anshul Gumber said:

depends on what you play and at what res

Here's the bottom line. If you have the budget for two cards get one. What I mean is get a 1070/1080 if you can afford it. The reason being is that crossfire while nice in theory doesn't play out as well as it used to. A lot of companies are moving away from multicard setups and are more concentrated on a single gpu configuration. It's more hit or miss when running in crossfire. Some games scale well such as battlefield, crysis etc. Where others don't improve at all and can even lower performance in some cases. Here's a rule of thumb: Get one more powerful card than two weaker ones. 

I've tested two rx480s xfx black edition in crossfire. I do enjoy that some games have huge jumps in performance but others may not even use the second card and all that does it take up space and could even ruin the performance. You'll be happy with a single card due to compatibility, power consumption, less headaches and much more. I made another post on this which explains the issues in detail.  

Crossfire and SLI are a good deal if you have a card, and then someone gives you one for free or at a huge discount.  It's a bad choice compared to getting a single more powerful card.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

I think the only time you want to crossfire/sli is when you have the "Highest" teir card (1080/titan x).

OR

If you find 2 older card for a really good price, crossfire might be a good route.

But like another said, it's hit or miss. Some games perfer a single card setup.

40 minutes ago, Anshul Gumber said:

It's great when it works but its aweful when it doesn't.  To give you an example I'm doing maintenance on my desktops watercooling loop, I found cracks in the top of my cpu block, nothing leaking but not taking any chances.  So while I'm waiting on parts I'm playing games on my laptop which has 2x750m gpu's, Diablo 3 is one of my fall back games, when I have nothing else to play I'll play that, blizzard updated the game and added 64bit client which broke sli and I went from 100+ fps to 50ish as you could imagine this feels gross.  So I try a bunch of fixes with nvidia inspector none of them work for me so I switch back to the 32bit client and everything is fine.

This is like best case scenario, usually when it doesn't work or is broken there's no fix for it or performance is bad with lots of stuttering.  So the question is are the game your playing supporting SLI and do the companies that make the game support it?  Because some game companies don't EA for example don't offically support SLI if you have trouble with it they tell you tough luck.

Case - Fractal Design Arc Mini R2 : Mobo - Asus Maximus VI Gene : PSU - Corsair AX760 : CPU - Intel i7 4790k w/ EK-Supremacy EVO Copper/Acetal Water Block  : Memory - Corsair Vengence Pro 24gb 1600mhz : GPU - Evga GTX 780 Ti Classified w/ EK-FC780 GTX Classy - Acetal+Nickel Water Block : Storage - Samsung 840 Evo 250gb & 850 Evo 1tb SSDs, 2x 6TB External HDDs : Fans - 5x Noctua NF-F12 & 1x NF-S12A : Display - 24in Benq XL2420TE : Rads - Darkside LPX360 & LP240 : Pump/Res - EK-XRES 140 D5 Vario Pump