Graphics Driver/Card crash in games and incompatibility with Premiere and After effects

Go to solution Solved by eXyLe,
On 15/02/2017 at 3:29 PM, FJRiley said:

If you have another card I would install that and see if you get the same problems, reinstalling the PC I think would be a waste of time since the first time round it was ineffective.

Okay, after further investigation The TDR fixer supplied by the makers of DDU fixed the issues with gaming and in premiere and after effects.
This is the same fix as with the TDR delay regedit fix, but used higher delay values than those recomended on other posts. Hope this helps anyone out! 

Recently bought a new system, i7 7700k under a Silverstone tundra TDO2, 16gb ram, MSI Carbon ac mITX mobo, Be Quiet! Pure Power 9 600W CM Power Supplyand a Gigabyte Geforce 1070 G1 gaming .

Since building it the PC will soft crash to desktop whilst gaming, but Premiere and After effects was working. I did a clean install of windows and the crashing persisted, Tried DDU to change the drivers again, system still persisted to crash in games. 
This was odd as performance is as expected and there is no heating issue with the PC either and no overclocking of GPU or CPU.

Clean installed windows for a third time, and discovered the TDR Delay fix, which seemed to have stopped the. I kept with this setup for a while until I reinstalled after effects and Premiere and Lightroom. Lightroom has no issues with teh build, but both Premiere and After effects cannot get past the launch splash screen without giving a GPU manager error with varying error codes.
With this issue i suspected again drivers to be the issue so updated the adobe products and reinstalled graphics drivers with DDU once more. Still no fix to the crashes, whilst also removing my TDR delay fixes from the registry.

My question is, where should I go from here?

Try another clean install?

Try another video card?

RMA the video Card?

Any help would be great, been dealing with this for 3 weeks now on and off and its getting very draining...

Cheers:)

System:

• Sharkoon T9 case
  • i7 - 2600k @ Stock
  • Coolermaster 212 evo
  • Gigabyte GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 Motherboard
  • Corsair Vengeance 4x4GB
  • Nvidia GTX 780 EVGA Classified edition
  • Seagate Barracuda 1TB HDD
  • Samsung 840120GB SSD

Steam ID: SILLY-eXyLe

If you have another card I would install that and see if you get the same problems, reinstalling the PC I think would be a waste of time since the first time round it was ineffective.

35 minutes ago, FJRiley said:

First 3 times haha, cheers I'll chuck in my 780 and see what happens....

System:

• Sharkoon T9 case
  • i7 - 2600k @ Stock
  • Coolermaster 212 evo
  • Samsung 840120GB SSD

20 hours ago, FJRiley said:

I tried my 780 after a fresh install of Drivers after a DDU clean and installing the up to date drivers with the old card and continue to get crashes in games and still have the after effects/premiere issue (after a fresh install also).

This is leaving me absolutely perplexed.

This identifies the GPU is not faulty, and hence there must be some kind of driver issue.
Or possibly a motherboard issue?

I would love some more recommendations of what else to try... 
I have my old system here, might try chuck my OS and new GPU into there and see what happens...

System:

• Sharkoon T9 case
  • i7 - 2600k @ Stock
  • Coolermaster 212 evo
  • Samsung 840120GB SSD

On 15/02/2017 at 3:29 PM, FJRiley said:

Okay, after further investigation The TDR fixer supplied by the makers of DDU fixed the issues with gaming and in premiere and after effects.
This is the same fix as with the TDR delay regedit fix, but used higher delay values than those recomended on other posts. Hope this helps anyone out! 

System:

• Sharkoon T9 case
  • i7 - 2600k @ Stock
  • Coolermaster 212 evo
  • Samsung 840120GB SSD