Notebook RAM

Zero_RN

Hi Friends,

I want to upgrade the RAM on my laptop...only came with 8gb and want to increase it to 16gb. Is there any real difference between RAM for laptops or is it the generally get the cheapest DDR4 2400 type deal?

Thanks!

cheap=good

Snorlax: i7 5820k @4.5ghz, Asus X99 Pro, 32gb Corsair Vengeance LPX 2666, Cryorig R1 Ultimate, Samsung 850 evo 500gb, Asus GTX 1080 ROG Strix, Corsair RM850x, NZXT H440, Hue+

Smallsnor: Huawei Matebook X

Canon AE-1 w/ 50mm f/1.8 lens

Pentax KM w/ 55mm f/1.8 SMC lens

Zenit-E w/ 58mm f/2 Helios lens

Panasonic G7 with 14-42mm f/3.5 lens

Polaroid Spectra System

39 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Remember to get it in the SODIMM version (266-pin iirc). Other than that, it's fine to get the cheapest.

I thought SO-DIMM DDR4 is 260 pin?

6 minutes ago, TheRandomness said:

Oops. I'll change that now :P

Phew...I already ordered the RAM and saw your post and was like...wait for real? FML :D

1 hour ago, zehao39 said:

there  is really no difference on ram,even a 2133 DDR4 will do the job 

Well faster RAM and lower timings means a noticeably faster system. That being said, I upgraded from 8GB to 16GB and notice zero performance improvement. I my system rarely even uses more than 8GB, including cache.  

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

6 minutes ago, JoostinOnline said:

Well faster RAM and lower timings means a noticeably faster system. That being said, I upgraded from 8GB to 16GB and notice zero performance improvement. I my system rarely even uses more than 8GB, including cache.  

yeah, there not many difference between ddr3 and ddr4 in gaming, so there is not many difference between 2133 and 2400

48 minutes ago, zehao39 said:

yeah, there not many difference between ddr3 and ddr4 in gaming, so there is not many difference between 2133 and 2400

DDR4 has much higher timings than DDR3, which is why there isn't much overall improvement from DDR3 to DDR4. 

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440