Ark Survival Evolved support

drewdsterling

Hey everyone,

I was looking to build a new PC to play ark on, but I have some questions for anyone that could answer them.  Question 1 is Ark optimized for SLI?  Question 2 is more than 16 GBs of ram any use? And finally, does Ark favor faster cores like the 7700k or more cores like the 6850K?

Thank you for your help to my questions!

9 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

that's a really badly written game, my 4.5 ghz 5820k with 32 gb ram and a 1070 sli can't run it very well. 

You should be bustng out at least 60fps.

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

You should be bustng out at least 60fps.

constant frame drops, frame pacing issues pop up issues, glitches are really bad, also consider my hardware it's really high end and the game doesn't even look good. I bought it on steam to try it out, it was a hot pile of a mess so, i got a refund. 

6 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

constant frame drops, frame pacing issues pop up issues, glitches are really bad, also consider my hardware it's really high end and the game doesn't even look good. I bought it on steam to try it out, it was a hot pile of a mess so, i got a refund. 

I managed to snag it while it was free and working with some AMD processor and an R7 370, I got playable framerates in the 20s not too long ago.

1 minute ago, RAM555789 said:

I managed to snag it while it was free and working with some AMD processor and an R7 370, I got playable framerates in the 20s not too long ago.

framerate 20s playable? choose one 

1 minute ago, nerdslayer1 said:

framerate 20s playable? choose one 

I've gotten into the top 2 with my fps in the 20s, most Ark players are trash.

47 minutes ago, drewdsterling said:

Hey everyone,

I was looking to build a new PC to play ark on, but I have some questions for anyone that could answer them.  Question 1 is Ark optimized for SLI?  Question 2 is more than 16 GBs of ram any use? And finally, does Ark favor faster cores like the 7700k or more cores like the 6850K?

Thank you for your help to my questions!

Ark doesn't run well on any system since it's early access

but you should wait to see Ryzen before buying a new PC

are you building an entirely new PC? if so what budget?

You'll have to translate the web page, but a 6700K at 4.5ghz here doesn't really break 40fps with a titan X maxwell 1080p high settings
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/ARK-Survival-Evolved-Spiel-55571/Specials/Benchmark-Test-2016-1182869/

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 hour ago, Streetguru said:

Ark doesn't run well on any system since it's early access

but you should wait to see Ryzen before buying a new PC

are you building an entirely new PC? if so what budget?

You'll have to translate the web page, but a 6700K at 4.5ghz here doesn't really break 40fps with a titan X maxwell 1080p high settings
http://www.pcgameshardware.de/ARK-Survival-Evolved-Spiel-55571/Specials/Benchmark-Test-2016-1182869/

Whole new system buget is 5k but going water cooled loop 

But ueah your right about amd

2 minutes ago, drewdsterling said:

Whole new system buget is 5k but going water cooled loop 

But ueah your right about amd

Especially if the pricing leak is real
http://hothardware.com/news/leaked-amd-ryzen-pricing-should-give-intel-pause-kaby-lake-positioning

I'm also assuming that's a titan XP with an 8 core 16 thread CPU? A single titan is going to be better than SLI 1080s for stability

Do you already have a bunch of 4k or 144hz displays?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

• 2 weeks later...

Signed up just to respond.  

Ark will and does use over 8gb of ram.  I have 16gb and its hovering around 12 at all times.  If you only have 8 you will get stutter.

There is a NVIDIA SLI profile for Ark, it just came out a few months ago.  How well it performs I am not sure.

Faster cores for sure.  I sometimes noticed stutter with HT on but of course that is not exactly the same as having additional physical cores.  

I have an old 2600k at 4.8 and a 1070 and get 50-60fps on mostly ultra settings.  Resolution scale and shadows make the biggest impact.

The only time my game starts to slow is when I build a massive base and my CPU just cant draw fast enough.