Display Driver Crash

maddoggaming15

Honestly i have no idea anymore this is by far the most annoying thing i can't solve, i feel like im pretty good at computer knowledge after 6+ months im really starting to think to rebuild. (even though PC seems fine )

Anyways i keep getting a Crash Known as Display Driver has crashed and successfully recovered. (error 4101 in event viewer ) Its very hard to pin point because the crash is so random i was on 372.70 driver for a while best one still crashes though.

I have tried older drivers as well as newer drivers (yes i used DDU )

Updated bios

Changed Ram

New mobo 

Done the TDR delay crap that never works 

Switched from windows 10 to 7 (never know)

Benchmarks run fine ( ran furmark ,Valley and others for hours without a crash )

Memtest (everything checks out fine )

Intel CPU test (tested fine after multiple runs )

Tried a new power supply ( crashed again return for my money back )

RMA my graphic card same issue with new card

Messed with sound ( some say this can cause display crash)

PC specs 

i5 4690k (not overclock

Geforce GTX 970 ssc ( GPU isnt overheating )

16gb DDR 3 1600 ram

asus mobo 

thermaltake black widow 850 watt power supply 

500gb hdd

120 gb sdd

h100i cooler (temp seem fine )

windows 7 64bit 

Anyways if anyone knows anything else i can try besides the common things ive already done your help will be great appreciated. 

Just to be sure, you ran DDU in safe mode right? Anyway, what I would do is a complete format of your system, since its driver related that surely has to fix the problem unless your hardware is possessed

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!

4 minutes ago, noisebomb44 said:

Just to be sure, you ran DDU in safe mode right? Anyway, what I would do is a complete format of your system, since its driver related that surely has to fix the problem unless your hardware is possessed

ive done that a few times im pretty sure its prossesed bro like i said its a weird issue 

A bit weird, but try running your computer from the intel IGPU for a while and uninstall the Nvidia drivers with DDU and disable the Nvidia GPU through device manager. If it works without problems then it has to be something wrong with the official Nvidia drivers and your specific setup, then maybe you can send angry emails and get them to do something

Long live Stalin, he loves you; sing these words, or you know what he’ll do!