Playing sound through two monitors - POSSIBLE?

Special Agent 星雨
Go to solution Solved by Special Agent 星雨,

Don't know if I'm allowed to post on a month old thread like this, but I found a program that (subjectively) seemingly outputs audio from two sources (HDMI and DisplayPort for my case) seamlessly. The program I used is Voicemeeter, it is available to download for free. There is a video demonstrating how to use this program by  Schneemann Tutorials  on Youtube, I won't link the video because I'm not sure whether links are allowed.

Hey guys,

This might be a silly question and/or an impossible task, but is it possible to play sound through two monitors?

I'm currently using an ASUS VG248QE as my main monitor (middle), and it is flanked by two ASUS MX279H monitors on each side. Is it possible for me to play sound through the two side monitors at once? It will make listening to music/watching movies and other audio intensive stuff more immersive when using monitor speakers. Thanks!

I'm no Special Agent myself, but my Dad was!

Ryzen 7 3700X

Lian Li Galahad 360mm White AIO

4 x 8GB G.Skill Trident Z RGB

Asus X570-E motherboard

KFA2 RTX 2080Ti SG

EVGA 850W P2 PSU

Samsung 970 Pro SSD, Crucial MX500 SSD, WD Blue HDD, WD Blue HDD, WD Green HDD, Silicon Power SSD.

All wrapped in a Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic XL case.

It will do the complete opposite of being immersive by potentially having out of sync audio if you were to jerry rig it together. Even if they were in sync, have you been to the electronic section of a store with tv displays? If they're droning on at the same time, it sounds really bad. 

You'd be much better served with a nice set of pc speakers. 

2 minutes ago, Mooshi said:

It will do the complete opposite of being immersive by potentially having out of sync audio if you were to jerry rig it together. Even if they were in sync, have you been to the electronic section of a store with tv displays? If they're droning on at the same time, it sounds really bad. 

You'd be much better served with a nice set of pc speakers. 

You sound a lot more sensible than me, thanks for the response! I'll look into investing in some speakers instead.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Asus X570-E motherboard

KFA2 RTX 2080Ti SG

EVGA 850W P2 PSU

Samsung 970 Pro SSD, Crucial MX500 SSD, WD Blue HDD, WD Blue HDD, WD Green HDD, Silicon Power SSD.

3 minutes ago, Special Agent 星雨 said:

You sound a lot more sensible than me, thanks for the response! I'll look into investing in some speakers instead.

I have two PCs in the bedroom, quite familiar with out of sync audio issues lol.. A good Logitech or Klipsch set will do nicely. 

14 minutes ago, Special Agent 星雨 said:

Hey guys,

This might be a silly question and/or an impossible task, but is it possible to play sound through two monitors?

I'm currently using an ASUS VG248QE as my main monitor (middle), and it is flanked by two ASUS MX279H monitors on each side. Is it possible for me to play sound through the two side monitors at once? It will make listening to music/watching movies and other audio intensive stuff more immersive when using monitor speakers. Thanks!

Wasn't this very idea the basis for AMD's true audio - Having 2+ panels with audio and using that as surround sound? 

I'm on mobile so can't see if OP has AMD or Nvidia GPU, but if AMD, look into those settings.

I only have 1 panel atm, so not sure where to look in drivers. 

• 4 weeks later...

Don't know if I'm allowed to post on a month old thread like this, but I found a program that (subjectively) seemingly outputs audio from two sources (HDMI and DisplayPort for my case) seamlessly. The program I used is Voicemeeter, it is available to download for free. There is a video demonstrating how to use this program by  Schneemann Tutorials  on Youtube, I won't link the video because I'm not sure whether links are allowed.

Ryzen 7 3700X

Asus X570-E motherboard

KFA2 RTX 2080Ti SG

EVGA 850W P2 PSU