Dark Souls 2?

CarCollector36

What is the difference between Dark souls 2, and Dark Souls 2 Scholar Of The First Sin? Which one should I buy?

I just need to know because I got Dark Souls 3 and it is AMAZING so far (I haven't finished it yet) and I really want more.

Scholars of the First Sin is the game plus the expansion.

[Out-of-date] Want to learn how to make your own custom Windows 10 image?

Desktop: AMD R9 3900X | ASUS ROG Strix X570-F | Radeon RX 5700 XT | EVGA GTX 1080 SC | 32GB Trident Z Neo 3600MHz | 1TB 970 EVO | 256GB 840 EVO | 960GB Corsair Force LE | EVGA G2 850W | Phanteks P400S

Laptop: Intel M-5Y10c | Intel HD Graphics | 8GB RAM | 250GB Micron SSD | Asus UX305FA

Server 01: Intel Xeon D 1541 | ASRock Rack D1541D4I-2L2T | 32GB Hynix ECC DDR4 | 4x8TB Western Digital HDDs | 32TB Raw 16TB Usable

Server 02: Intel i7 7700K | Gigabye Z170N Gaming5 | 16GB Trident Z 3200MHz

Just now, DeadEyePsycho said:

Scholars of the First Sin is the game plus the expansion

oooohhh. Thank you.

Scholar of the First Sin would be the one you want. There are subtle changes in addition to having the expansions embedded in it (as opposed to buying DS II and then downloading the dlc's)

Shipping sucks

For pc, i can say ds2 is not very good (with kb+m). I tried to play but gave up and went back to ds3 (i already completed the game 5 times)

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

Just now, Taja said:

For pc, i can say ds2 is not very good (with kb+m). I tried to play but gave up and went back to ds3 (i already completed the game 5 times)

I'm using a controller, also how far in the game would you say the 3rd area is (in percent)

Just now, CarCollector36 said:

I'm using a controller, also how far in the game would you say the 3rd area is (in percent)

What area are you refering? And you mean the secret areas too?

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

1 hour ago, CarCollector36 said:

I just need to know because I got Dark Souls 3 and it is AMAZING so far (I haven't finished it yet) and I really want more.

I would personally suggest starting with Dark Souls 1 (with DSFix of course) if you haven't played it yet. Dark Souls 2 is much more of an "acquired taste" compared to the others. It's still a good game, but it's generally considered the black sheep of the series. It's the one most different from the rest, for better or worse. I'm not saying you should totally skip it, but I think DS1 is a must-play if you liked 3.

I have played both DS1 and DS3, over a hundred hours in each. I only just picked up DS2 during the Steam winter sale and I've had a really tough time getting along with it. The dodge timing drives me nuts.

7 hours ago, Taja said:

What area are you refering? And you mean the secret areas too?

I don't know what areas are secret areas, but I mean the one you get to by waving the banner at the end of high wall of lothric.

2 hours ago, CarCollector36 said:

I don't know what areas are secret areas, but I mean the one you get to by waving the banner at the end of high wall of lothric.

I think you're referring to the Undead Settlement which is only the second major area of the game. I'm not sure I can put a percentage on the amount of the game you've completed, but you've probably only fought two bosses by this point and the base game has 19 with two more in the DLC. You've got a long, long way to go if you've only been that far. My first DS3 playthrough was about 80 hours if I remember correctly, although later runs were more like 20–30.

If you just entered undead settlement, i would say 10% maybe.

To find secret areas:

Spoiler

1-Atack the wall behind the chest in the room after oceiros fight.

2-Use the dragon pose in the place you get dragon torso stone. (The pose you get after oceiros fight)

Ultra is stupid. ALWAYS.

7 hours ago, typographie said:

I think you're referring to the Undead Settlement which is only the second major area of the game. I'm not sure I can put a percentage on the amount of the game you've completed, but you've probably only fought two bosses by this point and the base game has 19 with two more in the DLC. You've got a long, long way to go if you've only been that far. My first DS3 playthrough was about 80 hours if I remember correctly, although later runs were more like 20–30.

I'm currently about 15 hours in and just beat the second boss... The game is really difficult

1 minute ago, CarCollector36 said:

I'm currently about 15 hours in and just beat the second boss... The game is really difficult

Yup, that's generally how it goes with Dark Souls. You'll figure out the shortcuts and develop the instincts you need, and next time you play it you'll spend maybe 2 or 3 hours in that area instead.

On ‎2‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 3:18 PM, typographie said:

Yup, that's generally how it goes with Dark Souls. You'll figure out the shortcuts and develop the instincts you need, and next time you play it you'll spend maybe 2 or 3 hours in that area instead.

What your favorite (not necessarily best) class to play as, I am really enjoying the knight, and I played as pyromancer a little bit, and liked it less because I don't like the ranged attacks