Reinstalling Windows 10 but...

CWSfan16

I am looking to reinstall windows 10 on my SSD.  However, I want to keep all my data on my two other HDD.  I would think I just unplug the two HDD while I am reinstalling Windows 10 on the SSD and connect them later. Will that work, or is there something else I have to do?

That should work, but also verify slot positioning.  You want that Primary OS to be in the first slot or it might connect to the other drive instead.  Otherwise, you'll have to set order in BIOS/UEFI

2 minutes ago, Doramius said:

That should work, but also verify slot positioning.  You want that Primary OS to be in the first slot or it might connect to the other drive instead.  Otherwise, you'll have to set order in BIOS/UEFI

awesome, thanks... I remember having to do that the first time around

Yes Thats what i did and it was fine, like Doramius said, if it doesnt work make sure the ssd is still no.1 on the boot order in the bios.

or you can leave them plugged and dont be retarded and format just the one you need not all ......

2 minutes ago, komar said:

or you can leave them plugged and dont be retarded and format just the one you need not all ......

safety and best practice is always key.  Can't say I've always done that, myself.  However, whenever I've made a slight clerical error, I can honestly say that I've never accidentally wiped or formatted a disconnected drive.