Thin laptops are overrated

Eason85
3 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

I'm going mid range now, because I want to allocate some of the money for a new 7600k, I made a thread just now about this laptop but noone wants to give me advice on it. I'm not 100% sold on that 950M 4GB.

http://m.ebay.com/itm/Lenovo-Ideapad-700-15-6-IPS-Full-HD-Laptop-Core-i5-6300HQ-12GB-RAM-1TB-HDD-/391693823119?nav=SEARCH

I'm not sold on the 950M but it depends on the titles you're playing. I play Overwatch like any other hardcore gamer so ideally I'd like 140FPS+ on low-med settings, and the 1060 would do that for me, but the 950M would definitely not do that for me.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

2 minutes ago, Suika said:

I'm not sold on the 950M but it depends on the titles you're playing. I play Overwatch like any other hardcore gamer so ideally I'd like 140FPS+ on low-med settings, and the 1060 would do that for me, but the 950M would definitely not do that for me.

Yeah, I don't plan on doing much gaming on it, and I usually play COD (don't kill me) haha. But I plan on using it mostly for school and video editing on the go. Gaming only when I'm going out of the country, which is once or twice a year.

2 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

Yeah, I don't plan on doing much gaming on it, and I usually play COD (don't kill me) haha. But I plan on using it mostly for school and video editing on the go. Gaming only when I'm going out of the country, which is once or twice a year.

Realistically the 950M would probs be fine then but I would greatly prefer the 965M or even the 960M personally.

if you have to insist you think for yourself, i'm not going to believe you.

11 hours ago, Eason85 said:

^^^ you're right, that's basically what I meant. companies have squashed laptops flatter only to make them wider. They make the bezels ugly and fat, then they charge you extra for a "premium" laptop that has "tiny" bezels.

compaq-presario-m2000-15-windows-xp-pro-

Check out this new laptop, guys. Look how razor-thin its bezels are! Somehow people haven't noticed that in 15 years the most basic things haven't improved, they've gotten worse.

IMG_0010-copy-800x420.jpg

BUY NOW BUY NOW ITS NEW ITS MODERN ITS SLIM *vomits blood*

Anyway, yeah: what I am mostly annoyed at (if all things like weight are equal) that being 1" thick is far better than having a huge footprint, poor thermals, and shit battery life. [x220 and x230 intensify]

Just get an XPS lol

Want to custom loop?  Ask me more if you are curious