Amazon Reason for Refund: "Account Adjustmant"?

daviden

Got refunded my Oculus Rift that was coming from a third party seller, it was still in the mail. I didn't file a refund.

I'd guess the sellers account was most likely banned or removed.

Was it sold considerably cheaper compared to most peoples/stores prices?

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

4 minutes ago, daviden said:

Got refunded my Oculus Rift that was coming from a third party seller, it was still in the mail. I didn't file a refund.

Sounds like a scam ya, what was the seller's rating?

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?

1 minute ago, Streetguru said:

Sounds like a scam ya, what was the seller's rating?

Funny enough I was just about to mention I looked a second ago and the ratings were pretty bad, so that might explain it

1 minute ago, daviden said:

Funny enough I was just about to mention I looked a second ago and the ratings were pretty bad, so that might explain it

In any case, I'd suggest just saving up your money for like the HTC Vive 2 whenever it comes out

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

2 minutes ago, Streetguru said:

In any case, I'd suggest just saving up your money for like the HTC Vive 2 whenever it comes out

I was getting the Oculus because I didn't need full room VR, and I also didn't wanna spend $200 more, but I'll probably do something like that 

1 minute ago, daviden said:

I was getting the Oculus because I didn't need full room VR, and I also didn't wanna spend $200 more, but I'll probably do something like that 

Just gives you more options for VR, seems like a better experience overall

Spoiler

But I still don't understand what "account adjustment" means

7 minutes ago, daviden said:

But I still don't understand what "account adjustment" means

Account:  a record or statement of financial expenditure or receipts relating to a particular period or purpose.

Adjustment:  a small alteration or movement made to achieve a desired fit, appearance, or result.

What don't you understand?

They found out something funky was going on with the seller, saw that you purchased something, and refunded you what you had spent due to outstanding circumstances. IE, buyers not getting what they are paying for.

If you have questions, you should probably contact Amazon with the transaction ID or whatever. They'll be in a better position to tell you what is going on than anyone here.

3 minutes ago, SageOfSpice said:

Account:  a record or statement of financial expenditure or receipts relating to a particular period or purpose.

Adjustment:  a small alteration or movement made to achieve a desired fit, appearance, or result.

What don't you understand?

They found out something funky was going on with the seller, saw that you purchased something, and refunded you what you had spent due to outstanding circumstances. IE, buyers not getting what they are paying for.

If you have questions, you should probably contact Amazon with the transaction ID or whatever. They'll be in a better position to tell you what is going on than anyone here.

sorry I meant more specifically what would happen to the package, but you're right, contacting amazon would probably be more helpful

6 minutes ago, daviden said:

sorry I meant more specifically what would happen to the package, but you're right, contacting amazon would probably be more helpful

That'd be difficult to say. There's a chance you could still receive it if it was actually sent, but without knowing what exactly happened with the seller, it'd be hard to say. I'm not sure I'd count on it either way, as even if and when it would arrive, there's no guaranteeing that the item you receive will be functional and as you'd purchased it.