Looking for a CPU

I'm looking into building my first budget gaming pc and thought it would be best to start with the processor. I would like something powerful enough that I can have a playlist or what not running int the background as I play preferably under or between the $50 to $75 range. Any suggestions?  

You also need to factor in the mobo cost, cheap CPU can have an expensive mobo and cheap mobo can have expensive CPU. What's the total for both of them?

6 minutes ago, Dougy fresh said:

I'm looking into building my first budget gaming pc and thought it would be best to start with the processor. I would like something powerful enough that I can have a playlist or what not running int the background as I play preferably under or between the $50 to $75 range. Any suggestions?  

Pentium G4560 with an RX 470 is probably where to start

but it's a really bad idea to buy just your CPU, save up your money and then wait to see what Ryzen offers as well, you should be able to get a fairly capable gaming PC with the AM4 APUs around $300 new

I edit my posts a lot, Twitter is @LordStreetguru just don't ask PC questions there mostly...

Spoiler

What is your budget/country for your new PC?

what monitor resolution/refresh rate?

What games or other software do you need to run?