Final part decision: CPU

Blixion

I have all the parts for my new PC including a B250M Mobo ready for Kaby Lake. GPU is an Rx 480. Trying to figure out whether I should go for the G4620 Pentium now, as I have the money for it, or wait another week or two to grab an i5 65/75/66/7600k or very small chance of an i7. I'm really ready to get this PC on the road. 

The G4620 would be temporary, as I would hope to upgrade to a mid-grade Ryzen when it comes out, but if I go higher-end Intel, this option would be void. But I can order it and have it here by the end of the week which would be fabulous.

The purpose is gaming: CSGO, Overwatch, Battlefield 1, DayZ, heavily modded Minecraft, GTAV, etc.

Considering moving into recording/streaming in the near future, but not decided yet.

Like I said, I have the money for the Pentium, and could probably scrounge another $100-150 in the next week or so, but I just really want to get off this shitty Asus Laptop ASAP.

Thanks for reading/suggesting!

If curious in the whole build, here it is minus CPU & Cooler (which I would need to get a cooler for a 6600/7600k or i7): http://pcpartpicker.com/user/Blixion/saved/pxW999

Please keep everything to one thread. Your first thread and this thread have been merged together due to them being duplicates.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

If you are going to stream in the future grab the i5-7500/i7-7700.

It's not a Z series motherboard, so no K CPUs (Overclockable)

I would recommend an i5, something like a 7500.

but seeing as you don't currently have the money, it's your choice:

- buy a g4560 now, and upgrade later.

-wait a while, get the i5 sooner, but don't have a usable PC until then.

QUOTE/TAG ME WHEN REPLYING

Spend As Much Time Writing Your Question As You Want Me To Spend Responding To It.

If I'm wrong, please point it out. I'm always learning & I won't bite.

Desktop:

Delidded Core i7 4770K - GTX 1070 ROG Strix - 16GB DDR3 - Lots of RGB lights I never change

Laptop:

HP Spectre X360 - i7 8560U - MX150 - 2TB SSD - 16GB DDR4

8 minutes ago, Blixion said:

I have all the parts for my new PC including a B250M Mobo ready for Kaby Lake. GPU is an Rx 480. Trying to figure out whether I should go for the G4620 Pentium now, as I have the money for it, or wait another week or two to grab an i5 65/75/66/7600k or very small chance of an i7. I'm really ready to get this PC on the road. 

I would strongly suggest buying a G4560 instead of the G4520, as the G4560 has hyper-threading and will preform much better in games. Furthermore, if you decide to wait, I would recommend getting the i5 6500/7500 as opposed to the i5 6600k/7600k, as your motherboard doesn't support overclocking 

2 minutes ago, PCIsMasterRace said:

I would strongly suggest buying a G4560 instead of the G4520, as the G4560 has hyper-threading and will preform much better in games. Furthermore, if you decide to wait, I would recommend getting the i5 6500/7500 as opposed to the i5 6600k/7600k, as your motherboard doesn't support overclocking 

The G4620 was my choice. It's the better version of the G4560.

If you're going to upgrade to RyZen, any Intel CPU is an awful idea. I'd go with a locked, mid-tier i5, or a locked i7 if you think you'll use the extra threads enough to make the price difference worthwhile.

Aerocool DS are the best fans you've never tried.

2 minutes ago, Blixion said:
5 minutes ago, PCIsMasterRace said:

The G4620 was my choice. It's the better version of the G4560.

Yep you're right.

Sorry, I misread G4620 as G4520

1 minute ago, PCIsMasterRace said:

Yep you're right.

Sorry, I misread G4620 as G4520

But I suppose I could even go down to the 4560, as it is quite a bit cheaper. My performance would be hindered slightly, but it would save me about $40.

The choice here is: Kaby Lake Pentium now, or i5 in a week or two.

Been planning this build for about 3 months now, really ready to get into it. I'm super anxious to start.

3 minutes ago, Blixion said:

But I suppose I could even go down to the 4560, as it is quite a bit cheaper. My performance would be hindered slightly, but it would save me about $40.

For $40 it would be a much better value to go with the G4560, as it is only 0.2GHZ slower than the G4620.

6 minutes ago, Blixion said:

The choice here is: Kaby Lake Pentium now, or i5 in a week or two.

Been planning this build for about 3 months now, really ready to get into it. I'm super anxious to start.

It really depends on what type of games you want to play. Games like Overwatch and CSGO will run great on either configuration, whereas there might be a large benefit for going with the true quad core 6500/7500 in heavily modded minecraft, which stresses the CPU.

Maybe this video will help you make up your mind.

@PCIsMasterRace

Another dilemma is where to order from. 

I can get the G4560 on Newegg for $77.55, Jet for $52.96, or Amazon for $65.24

I can get the i5-7500 on Newegg for 215.20, Jet for $170.27, or Amazon for $179.99

Newegg gives better warranty (3 Business day shipping), Jet is lowest price but kinda shady (2-5 day unspecified shipping), and Amazon is the all rounder (2 day Prime shipping).

Suggestions/experiences with each of them?