iOS Cracking tools used by FBI leaked by hacker

Oshino Shinobu
On 2/4/2017 at 4:59 AM, patrickjp93 said:

Individual people make individual choices to their own benefit. Very rare is the choice which contravenes that.

On 2/4/2017 at 5:27 AM, LAwLz said:

Except that is not true. Otherwise charities which relies on donations would not work. The Witcher 3 would have flopped. For crying out loud parents make choices that benefits their child over themselves all the time.

We are genetically wired to do it. Humans like helping other humans. And you might say "yes but like that article says people only help others because it makes themselves feel better", but that does not take away from the argument that I am making against your point. Even if all games were DRM-free, people would still buy games. Either because it makes them feel good for doing "the right thing", or because they would refuse it because of their morals, or for whatever other reason they might have. The point is that it would still happen.

Not all people are assholes.

Humble Bundle wouldn't even exist if people only cared about their own benefit.  And that blanket statement saying "most charities fail"... where did that come from.  If it's even true is it because people don't give enough money or is it because they are not run properly.  I could turn around and say "most startups fail".  It doesn't mean people shouldn't start a business or that startups are a bad idea.

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

17 minutes ago, Qwerty2323 said:

Just keep paying with phones..

I ll stick to my card

A card can be stolen just like a phone.  And my phone requires a password or fingerprint that my card does not.  Anyway, I don't even have a debit card (only credit)

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

On 2/4/2017 at 5:27 AM, LAwLz said:

Except that is not true. Otherwise charities which relies on donations would not work. The Witcher 3 would have flopped. For crying out loud parents make choices that benefits their child over themselves all the time.

We are genetically wired to do it. Humans like helping other humans. And you might say "yes but like that article says people only help others because it makes themselves feel better", but that does not take away from the argument that I am making against your point. Even if all games were DRM-free, people would still buy games. Either because it makes them feel good for doing "the right thing", or because they would refuse it because of their morals, or for whatever other reason they might have. The point is that it would still happen.

Not all people are assholes.

Humans are genetically wired to help others because it helps themselves. If you throw yourself in front of a bus to save someone elses child, it still benefits those related to you either genetically or socially.

Please see the "price equation" and the evolution of altruism. Altruism (which is what we are talking about) is just an evolutionary tool that we have adapted to make ourselves and those related to us genetically or socially seem more valuable to the species as a whole.

There is no such thing as a truly selfless act, unless that act is completely and totally anonymous in every way, and NO ONE ever knows about it.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs