Just me, or does Amazon's in-house shipping suck?

d3sl91

AMZL-US. A term that means Amazon Logistics, but to me means I have a 50/50 chance of receiving my package on time, or at all. 

Up until this summer (2016), all my packages arrived on time and at my doorstep or my apartment manager's office. Since then I have had to return/refund many items because they arrive days late, or, not at all and I end up re-ordering or buying locally for more. 

• I have watched them throw boxes 10 feet at my neighbor's door across the parking lot - and then get the notification that my package was delivered. Yes, they both threw the package, and, delivered it to the wrong apartment. 
  • I have had two phonecalls from delivery drivers who "cannot find your address". Well, I have no idea what to tell you - I have successfully received dozens of packages at that exact address. 
  • Many many "delivered" notifications, that, were never actually delivered (I work from home and have a security camera at my door, so, there is no way someone delivered and I didn't notice).
  • "Office closed" excuses for why something wasn't delivered - why some decide to deliver to my door and some to office, I have no idea. This is in addition to the fact the office was not closed. 
  • USPS, UPS, FedEx arrive before noon. AMZL-US deliver at 3 or later....
  • Tracking info is non-existent.

Top it off with the fact amazon will not do anything to help you for 2 days.

I would gladly pay extra for UPS, USPS or FedEx. They at least always deliver on time, knock at the door, and even try to hide packages (its hilarious, they put my doormat on top of packages bigger than the doormat). 

/Rant Over

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

I've never used it.  Is it true that you're supposed to tip these 3rd party delivery drivers?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800x3d  Motherboard:  Gigabyte B650 AORUS Elite  RAM:  Vengeance 2 x 16GB DDR5 6000   GPU:  Zotac RTX 4090

Storage:  M.2 Samsung Evo 860 TB / Samsung Evo 840 500GB   Case:  be quiet Dark Base 900   PSU: Corsair SHIFT RM1000x  Display:  ASUS AW3423DW QD-OLED 34" 3440x1440 Ultrawide w/ GSYNC

1 minute ago, mmaatt747 said:

I've never used it.  Is it true that you're supposed to tip these 3rd party delivery drivers?

Dunno. I might give them a cookie or an espresso if they actually made it to my door.....

D3SL91 | Ethan | Gaming+Work System | NAS System | Photo: Nikon D750 + D5200

2 hours ago, d3sl91 said:

Dunno. I might give them a cookie or an espresso if they actually made it to my door.....

congratulations, heres a cookie! 

They say Americans tip everyone for everything. 

I live in Mexico and I've never had any problem with Amazon's delivery service. One thing to notice is that I live in a flat and the police guard recibes the packages. 

Usually you get that for stuff like same day/next day. 

I've had them deliver to a comple stranger "handed to reaident"  and had to complain to get a re-deliver. Some asshat has a "free" 240GB evo and a 2TB Seagate.