Looking for a password manager

I want to start using a password manager so I can diversify my passwords more without forgetting them all...

I would prefer to not have to use a cloud based program, but I do need them synced across two windows 10 systems and my android phone.

I have a linux server and a vpn set up, so ideally I'd want something that could store passwords in an encrypted vault on my linux server and allow authenticated devices on the local network (or over the vpn) to access it.

I've looked through some password managers, and some have really nice features, but I haven't seen one yet that allows a custom server for storing the database. Does one exist or am I going to have to make it? :P 

edit: this might belong in apps/programs instead of general discussion, oops

Build: Intel S2600gz, 2x E5-2670, EVGA SC 1070, Zotac 1060 6GB mini, 48GB Micron 1333mhz ECC DDR3, 2x Intel DPS-750XB 750 watt PSU

https://pcpartpicker.com/user/elerek/saved/3T7D4D

LastPass.

LastPass is great, have been using it for years with no problems, easy yet secure.

Main Gaming Rig:

[Xeon 1231 v3] - [Gigabyte Z97N-WIFI] - [Noctua NH-U9S] [R9 Nano] - [8GB Corsair Vengnance LP] [Samsung 850 EVO 500GB & 250GB] - [Seagate Barrcuda 500GB] [Silverstone SX-500 LG] [M1 Ncases] - [MG279q freesync] - [Vortex Poker 3] [Logitech G502][HE-400I HIFIMAN][Objective2 + ODAC]

If you want to store it yourself Dashlane is a good one. If you don't want to store it on your own server go fro lastpass.

I want it stored on a linux server locally and accessible ONLY on my local network by devices that are approved by 2 factor

Build: Intel S2600gz, 2x E5-2670, EVGA SC 1070, Zotac 1060 6GB mini, 48GB Micron 1333mhz ECC DDR3, 2x Intel DPS-750XB 750 watt PSU

7 minutes ago, Elerek said:

I want to start using a password manager so I can diversify my passwords more without forgetting them all...

I would prefer to not have to use a cloud based program, but I do need them synced across two windows 10 systems and my android phone.

I have a linux server and a vpn set up, so ideally I'd want something that could store passwords in an encrypted vault on my linux server and allow authenticated devices on the local network (or over the vpn) to access it.

I've looked through some password managers, and some have really nice features, but I haven't seen one yet that allows a custom server for storing the database. Does one exist or am I going to have to make it? :P 

edit: this might belong in apps/programs instead of general discussion, oops

The one's I've been using at work is password agent and keepass(x)... The DB's are shared via a shared drive and drop box

CPU: Intel i7 7700K | GPU: ROG Strix GTX 1080Ti | PSU: Seasonic X-1250 (faulty) | Memory: Corsair Vengeance RGB 3200Mhz 16GB | OS Drive: Western Digital Black NVMe 250GB | Game Drive(s): Samsung 970 Evo 500GB, Hitachi 7K3000 3TB 3.5" | Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270x Gaming 7 | Case: Fractal Design Define S (No Window and modded front Panel) | Monitor(s): Dell S2716DG G-Sync 144Hz, Acer R240HY 60Hz (Dead) | Keyboard: G.SKILL RIPJAWS KM780R MX | Mouse: Steelseries Sensei 310 (Striked out parts are sold or dead, awaiting zen2 parts)

Hi @Elerek

Check out the Enpass password manager that's available on every major platform. It's an offline which doesn't store your password on their server and provides you an option to sync your database over many cloud services. The sync with WebDAV and ownCloud gives you control over your database. You can get started with it's free desktop app.

5 hours ago, Vikram Dabas said:

Hi @Elerek

Check out the Enpass password manager that's available on every major platform. It's an offline which doesn't store your password on their server and provides you an option to sync your database over many cloud services. The sync with WebDAV and ownCloud gives you control over your database. You can get started with it's free desktop app.

I found that one last night actually. I'll be trying it out :)

23 hours ago, Kloaked said:

LastPass.

23 hours ago, TheFragment said:

LastPass is great, have been using it for years with no problems, easy yet secure.

Specifically said I do not want my passwords stored in the cloud...

You should check out 1Password. You can store your vault on other systems on your network. For example, I just stored my vault on my routers usb flash drive and could sync with it on my PC.

Also there is a manual WLAN sync feature that will sync between IOS & Android devices.

23 hours ago, M.Yurizaki said:

http://keepass.info/

I believe this is a local storage password manager.

^This one is very good. Very similar but imo a bit better, as it also has a web-app: https://keeweb.info/
If you don't want to store your database in the cloud i would recommend to create a database on a usb flashdrive (keep a backup of the database somewhere on a local machine) which you then can open on any of the machines with keeweb).

UI/UX Designer
CPU:
Intel i5 6600k @ 4.4GHz, Noctua NH D-15, GPU: MSI GTX 970, RAM: HyperX Fury 32GB (2x16GB) DDR4, MoBo: AsRock Z170 extreme4 ATX, Storage: 250GB Samsung EVO SSD + 128GB Toshiba M.2 SSD + 1TB WD Blue, PSU: Antec 650W, Fractal Design Define S