S340 Elite Airflow

Misinthe
Go to solution Solved by Glennieboyyy007,

when i stick my hand inside my case. i can feel cold air coming in from the bottom and top, both at the same "speed". it will affect it a bit, but it still cools fine, because i can feel my hand getting cold when i stick it in from both sides. (btw i have 2 120mm fans at the front)

Hey everyone, like the title says, I'm thinking on buying the S340 Elite, I was looking into some videos and I came across GN's review of it and they said that the airflow intake wasn't that great, from the 3 fans front intake only the top one gets good flow, then the mid one doesn't get enough air and the bottom only pushes air through the PSU. Can anyone verify if they've had problems with it? I don't want to invest in something that will give me airflow problems. Thank you everyone for your comments!

i guess that is not the elite version. the elite version has only place for 2 in the front. and both the bottom and top are open in the front so i would say, enough airflow if you put in 2 fans as intake

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

13 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

i guess that is not the elite version. the elite version has only place for 2 in the front. and both the bottom and top are open in the front so i would say, enough airflow if you put in 2 fans as intake

Check around minute 5:30, he starts there. 

when i stick my hand inside my case. i can feel cold air coming in from the bottom and top, both at the same "speed". it will affect it a bit, but it still cools fine, because i can feel my hand getting cold when i stick it in from both sides. (btw i have 2 120mm fans at the front)

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

5 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

Oh cool, so you do have the elite? How do you like it? I want to get it because is affordable to start with and can be expanded into basic custom water cooling. So it probably would last me some years.

6 minutes ago, Miguel552 said:

Oh cool, so you do have the elite? How do you like it? I want to get it because is affordable to start with and can be expanded into basic custom water cooling. So it probably would last me some years.

I have the elite red/black (side note: the psu cover is also red, not black as seen on the nzxt website). I like it a lot, the building in it is easy and cablemanagement is super nice. it also looks gorgeous in real life. I would highly recommend this case!

2 minutes ago, Glennieboyyy007 said:

I have the elite red/black (side note: the psu cover is also red, not black as seen on the nzxt website). I like it a lot, the building in it is easy and cablemanagement is super nice. it also looks gorgeous in real life. I would highly recommend this case!

I'm planning on getting the white one. But yeah, I was in between this and the new Phanteks one, the one Luke is using for his personal rig, forgot the name, but there was one thing I didn't like about that one, I don't remember what it was.