can't overclock monitor to 75hz AMD

spiralfuzion
Go to solution Solved by Badger906,

play a game that you know youll get 75fps or more in and turn on v sync, use fraps to see if its pinned at 75hz.

online tests mean nothing. if i do a resolution test on my mobile its says 1024x720 despite having a 2560x1440 display on it.

I can't find a setting to change the refresh rate of my monitor on amds radeon settings. i want to overclock my benq rl2455 to 75 hz for csgo and such. 

first off there is no guarantee that it will reach 75Hz, i have a monitor that wont do over 66Hz but what you want to use for AMD is CRU

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

5 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

first off there is no guarantee that it will reach 75Hz, i have a monitor that wont do over 66Hz but what you want to use for AMD is CRU

i see many people very successful with my monitor and can at least get it to 75 hz or a hz or two more. I'm not sure why it's not displaying the change. I set it up in cru but when i do the test online it still says 60. I even went into display adapter settings and I got the 75hz option and have it enabled but it seems it won't actually display it. 

49 minutes ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

All my monitor does is +1Hz. +1...

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D GPU: AMD Radeon RX 6900 XT 16GB GDDR6 Motherboard: MSI PRESTIGE X570 CREATION
AIO: Corsair H150i Pro RAM: Corsair Dominator Platinum RGB 32GB 3600MHz DDR4 Case: Lian Li PC-O11 Dynamic PSU: Corsair RM850x White

play a game that you know youll get 75fps or more in and turn on v sync, use fraps to see if its pinned at 75hz.

online tests mean nothing. if i do a resolution test on my mobile its says 1024x720 despite having a 2560x1440 display on it.

Gaming PC: • AMD Ryzen 7 3900x • 16gb Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 3200mhz • Founders Edition 2080ti • 2x Crucial 1tb nvme ssd • NZXT H1• Logitech G915TKL • Logitech G Pro • Asus ROG XG32VQ • SteelSeries Arctis Pro Wireless

Laptop: MacBook Pro M1 512gb

3 hours ago, spiralfuzion said:

i see many people very successful with my monitor and can at least get it to 75 hz or a hz or two more. I'm not sure why it's not displaying the change. I set it up in cru but when i do the test online it still says 60. I even went into display adapter settings and I got the 75hz option and have it enabled but it seems it won't actually display it. 

dont use online tests, download something that can show your FPS as a graphic overlay in a game, in CS:GO there are built in comands for example, and then enable V-sync to see if it goes to 60 or 75 fps

I spent $2500 on building my PC and all i do with it is play no games atm & watch anime at 1080p(finally) watch YT and write essays...  nothing, it just sits there collecting dust...

Builds:

The Toaster Project! Northern Bee!

The original LAN PC build log! (Old, dead and replaced by The Toaster Project & 5.0)

Spoiler

"Here is some advice that might have gotten lost somewhere along the way in your life. 

#1. Treat others as you would like to be treated.

#2. It's best to keep your mouth shut; and appear to be stupid, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

#3. There is nothing "wrong" with being wrong. Learning from a mistake can be more valuable than not making one in the first place.

Follow these simple rules in life, and I promise you, things magically get easier. " - MageTank 31-10-2016

1 hour ago, Badger906 said:

1 hour ago, Bananasplit_00 said:

dont use online tests, download something that can show your FPS as a graphic overlay in a game, in CS:GO there are built in comands for example, and then enable V-sync to see if it goes to 60 or 75 fps

thanks! it worked haha i notice the difference right away. Thanks a bunch.