Won't POST unless powered on/off a couple times

Aniallation

I'm not really sure how to type this problem into Google so I thought I'd ask here.

Every time I turn my PC off and back on again, it won't POST. Lights come on, all fans come on, but nothing on the monitor. Seems like a normal situation, however if I keep turning it off (hold down power button) and turning it back on again, it'll eventually POST and boot up normally. This can take from as little as 2 to as many as 20 tries.

I've tried replacing RAM, hard drive, GPU, reseating all connectors, clearing CMOS, flashing a different BIOS version, reinstalling Windows, disconnecting everything except CPU and RAM... but the same thing still happens. Clearly all of the connected components work though, because once the PC does POST and start up it works perfectly fine.

I'm starting to think it's an issue with the motherboard. Any ideas?

"Rawr XD"

Look up at Event Viewer for errors?

1 minute ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Not logged in event viewer and happens regardless of OS. Tried fresh installs of 7, 8, and 10 two days ago, still had the same problem.

"Rawr XD"

8 minutes ago, deXxterlab97 said:

Um, perhaps I misread but I think he said it's not posting... hence not to the point where the OS is running and could log anything

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

is there any way to install memtest onto a flashdrive to test your ram for errors? i had sorta a similar problem not to long ago. pc would work fine then would randomly crash or just outright lock and then would take like 3 to 20 force restarts till it booted back up.

Tsubasa (The 7680x1440 beast): CPU: Intel i7 8086k | Cooler: Fully Custom Rigid Loop MOBO: Asus Z370-I ITX | GPU: Nvidia Titan Xp Star Wars | RAM: 32Gb 2x16gb Gskill Trident Z RGB | SSD: Samsung 1TB 970 Evo Nvme, 2TB Micron Sata SSD | Case: Fractal Design Nano S | PSU: Corsair SF600 With Full custom cables  

Honestly, if it was me, I'd actually just take it to a shop to be tested.  Could be any number of parts, or components of those parts, and they'll tell you exactly what it is down to the capacitor for (probably) less than the cost of a cheap motherboard.

Also, I predict that this issue will get worse until it doesn't post at all, given a week or two :( 

Solve your own audio issues  |  First Steps with RPi 3  |  Humidity & Condensation  |  Sleep & Hibernation  |  Overclocking RAM  |  Making Backups  |  Displays  |  4K / 8K / 16K / etc.  |  Do I need 80+ Platinum?

If you can read this you're using the wrong theme.  You can change it at the bottom.

2 hours ago, That_Random_Guy said:

is there any way to install memtest onto a flashdrive to test your ram for errors? i had sorta a similar problem not to long ago. pc would work fine then would randomly crash or just outright lock and then would take like 3 to 20 force restarts till it booted back up.

I'll give it a try. It doesn't randomly crash or lock - once it's up and running it works perfectly, just once you shut it down that this problem occurs. I've also tried different RAM in each of the slots and it still didn't seem to remedy the issue :/

1 hour ago, Ryan_Vickers said:

Honestly, if it was me, I'd actually just take it to a shop to be tested.  Could be any number of parts, or components of those parts, and they'll tell you exactly what it is down to the capacitor for (probably) less than the cost of a cheap motherboard.

Also, I predict that this issue will get worse until it doesn't post at all, given a week or two :( 

That's what I was planning to do if it actually got worse, but ever since it started it (which was months ago) it hasn't gotten any worse. It still works fine, just is irritating every time I have to turn it on.

"Rawr XD"

Welp, did MemTest and it came out with zero errors, so looks like it's not a RAM issue.

"Rawr XD"

7 hours ago, Aniallation said:

Welp, did MemTest and it came out with zero errors, so looks like it's not a RAM issue.

I'm still thinking motherboard or PSU