Upgrades/compatibility for current build

Arcca

Hey all, I bought this pc used a long time ago, and I'm in need of upgrades, so I hope you guys can help me out here a bit. I need some help with what components exactly I need for everything to be compatible properly.

I will mostly be running a 1080p 144Hz monitor, maybe an upgrade to another 1080p later on for multi-tasking when not gaming.

Current build:

CPU - i5-3350P

GPU - Gigabyte R9 270x 2GB (Windforce)

RAM - 8GB

Case - probably one you wouldn't take for free, I'll throw it out when get a new one.

PSU - fully modular 850W beQuiet!

MoBo - I honestly couldn't find any info to find the proper model, but it's definitely a low-end one, so an upgrade is needed here.

Monitor - AOC 2460G5 (144Hz)

First of all, I'd need to get a cheap case, because looks really don't matter to me, so far looking at two (Cooler Master K 280) or (Zalman Chasis Z1 NEO) as they have pretty much same price of 40 euros and decent cooling capabilities, but if you have any other suggestions, I'm open for those.

Second, I need a GPU upgrade (to push those fps up to cover 144+ in cs:go, and 60+ in other games), however I want to push all of the juices out of current build that I possibly can, so crossfire might be the best option (I think). I just need to know how flexible are my options, what I need to know to be 110% sure that there will be no compatibility issues.

Third, MoBo upgrade. This is the component I know pretty much nothing about, and mostly need help. It pretty much just needs to be compatible with current CPU (which I probably don't need to upgrade), compatible with gpu crossfire and not much else that I can think of right now, but I don't want to spend a lot on it, since I'm after a GPU as well.

Everything can be considered with *budget* tag on it, Case is maximum of 50 euros, I'll try to find a used GPU locally (just need to know what models to look for), and I don't really know the ranges of motherboards, so it would be nice to have some value budget ATX options.

P.S. I will be adding SSD at some point as well, but I'm in the dark about those too, so a M.2 slot could be nice.

PCPartPicker part list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/X4yN2R
Price breakdown by merchant: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/X4yN2R/by_merchant/

CPU: Intel Core i5-7400 3.0GHz Quad-Core Processor  ($188.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
CPU Cooler: CRYORIG C7 40.5 CFM CPU Cooler  ($27.45 @ Newegg Marketplace) 
Motherboard: MSI H270 PC MATE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard  ($109.99 @ B&H) 
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 8GB (1 x 8GB) DDR4-2400 Memory  ($52.99 @ Amazon) 
Storage: Sandisk SSD PLUS 120GB 2.5" Solid State Drive  ($44.99 @ Best Buy) 
Storage: Western Digital Caviar Blue 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive  ($49.33 @ OutletPC) 
Video Card: MSI Radeon RX 480 4GB Video Card  ($174.99 @ Newegg) 
Case: Fractal Design Core 2300 ATX Mid Tower Case  ($39.99 @ SuperBiiz) 
Power Supply: EVGA SuperNOVA G2 550W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply  ($77.89 @ OutletPC) 
Total: $766.61
Prices include shipping, taxes, and discounts when available
Generated by PCPartPicker 2017-01-27 19:19 EST-0500

i didnt know what you did need and what not. but this is a decent upgrade to play esports games at 144Hz you can scrap of the list what you dont need ofcourse.

but something in this direction is definitly a good upgrade

Current Build:

CPU: Intel Core i7-7700K at 4.8Ghz CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X62 AIO Motherboard: gigabyte Z270X ultra gaming 

Memory: Trident Z rgb 16gb 3000Mhz
Storage: Samsung 250GB SSD Storage2: sandisk ultra II 960gb SSD Video Card: Asus GeForce GTX 1080 O8G STRIX  

Case: Phanteks ECLIPSE P400

Power Supply: Corsair RM650X Fans: 2x 120mm NZXT Aer rgb LEDcontroller: NZXT Hue+ LEDstrip: cablemod hybrid-LED/UV 60Cm

peripherals:

Keyboard: Razer Blackwidow X Chroma Gamepad: Razer Tartarus Mouse: Razer Mamba TE 2015 Chroma Headphones: Logitech G533 Wireless

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 Pro OEM Monitor1: AOC Q2577PWQ 2560X1440 OC'ed to 75 Hz Monitor2: LG 25UM57-P 25.0" 2560x1080 OC'ed to 75Hz 

PCpartpicker list: https://pcpartpicker.com/list/Qt76xY

My laptop: https://www.amazon.com/Acer-VN7-571G-50VG-Notebook-Computer-i5-5200U/dp/B01CL50JV6

Quote:

If you really want it, go get it.

Don't bother with CrossFire. It's a waste of time - some games support it, others don't at all, some others can even impact performance when the second GPU is there. 

CSGO is CPU-bound. Really, really CPU bound. I'd suggest a used 3770 and just dropping it into your current mobo, since mobos don't really impact performance unless you can find a cheap Z77 board. Maybe even upgrade to Haswell or Haswell Refresh, since you can reuse most of your current parts including memory.

idk

I know you want a cheap case, but the thing is, the more you spend, the higher the standards are (usually). It's okay if you don't want to spend much on a case, but I wouldn't cheap out on that. I'd recommend the CoolerMaster N200 as it is a solid case for the price (if you go with mATX). If you are going with ATX (or your current board is ATX, forgot that) I'd go with the Deepcool Tesseract.

GPU wise, tbh, I'd go with the CPU upgrade first. But yes, an RX 480 would suffice.

CPU + Motherboard, wait for Ryzen.

"an obvious supporter of privacy"

Right, but cs:go isn't main focus, it's just the only game where 144Hz matters. I play other games as well, like Fallout4/Civilization, etc. Would I really benefit so much from cpu upgrade not gpu? Since looking at prices I can honestly afford just one for now.
And I suppose then 480 will be better than double 270x's in crossfire?