integrated graphics takes too much memory

9justinas9
Go to solution Solved by GSN,

You're using a X86-Based system so not all of that 4GB RAM will be available to you anyway. The Celeron B840 CPU is an X64 Chip so you'd be better off installing a 64-Bit version of Windows 7 (Although I'd recommend Windows 10), then you should notice an improvement in the memory management.

hi guys. i have been searching for an answer and i failed miseraby. so here is my problem. i have a really weak intel celeron B840 on a laptop. the installed memory is 4gb but the integrated graphics chip takes 1.3GB of ram leaving me with 2.6gb of usable ram. it is frusturating because this sucker will not play any games what so ever. how do i decrease the shared memory to lets say 100-400mb witch is plenty for web browsing. i looked into the bios. its the most stupid bios i have ever seen it doesnt have options to change it. when i upgraded my ram from 2 to 4gb the shared vram also increased. intel display graphics panel doesnt have options either. just some stupid color correction stuff.

here is my specs

63e95bc7694d78bfd629b4778cf00a82791.png

it's not the GPU it's the OS

Main PC:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | RAM:Corsair LPX 3200 mhz (16Gb) 

Mobo:ASUS Strix B550-F Wifi | GPU: MSI RTX 2070 Gaming Z

Case: Sharkoon Nightshark RGB| Storage: 500 GB 970 EVO Plus 1 TB WD blue 500 GB Samsung HDD

Monitor: iiyama G-Master G2470HSU-B1 165Hz

Powersupply: Be Quiet straight Power 10 500 watt

Main Laptop

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800H | RAM: Team group 16 GB 2666 mhz

GPU: RTX 2060 (MXM swappable)

Monitor: 1080p 120Hz

Storage: 2x 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe (no raid)

Second Laptop

CPU: Intel Core I5 1235u,  RAM: Samsung 8 GB 3200 mhz

GPU: IrisXe 80 eu

Storage: 512 GB WD Digital SN530 NVMe

Phone:

Xiaomi MI 11

Work Phone:

Galaxy A50

You're using a X86-Based system so not all of that 4GB RAM will be available to you anyway. The Celeron B840 CPU is an X64 Chip so you'd be better off installing a 64-Bit version of Windows 7 (Although I'd recommend Windows 10), then you should notice an improvement in the memory management.

Jordan Bell

Forensic Cybersecurity Analyst (6YR Experience)

GSN Global (GSN UK)

--------------------------------

Any advice given is purely independent of GSN Global and its affiliates, we can't be held accountable for actions you may take on your software/hardware under our advisement. Please visit GSN UK online for more information about SLA-based services we provide.

i didnt think about that such a dummy. thanks. is there a way to decrease it when upgraded to 64bit? originally i had 2gb ram when 32bit OS was installed

1 minute ago, 9justinas9 said:

i didnt think about that such a dummy. thanks. is there a way to decrease it when upgraded to 64bit? originally i had 2gb ram when 32bit OS was installed

You won't need to decrease it, when you install an X64-Based OS, it'll handle the rest for you, trust me :)

Jordan Bell

GSN Global (GSN UK)

Any advice given is purely independent of GSN Global and its affiliates, we can't be held accountable for actions you may take on your software/hardware under our advisement. Please visit GSN UK online for more information about SLA-based services we provide.

1 minute ago, 9justinas9 said:

It will do it it's self the chip is only use 64 mb and the rest is shared system memory.

I am a paid professional, but only when I am at work...and getting paid.

you know when gaming is not an option and the 4gb is the most that can be installed all of the memory would be best to leave for apps not graphics. that sucker cant handle an agario :D

In the interest of fairness, you can change the amount of virtual memory assigned to Windows using this menu... Although I would recommend allowing Windows to manage the virtual memory itself. :)

vram.JPG

Jordan Bell

GSN Global (GSN UK)