My GTA 5 is lagging

MillAsusRog

I don't why my GTA 5 is lagging at lowest settings in window borderless mode.. Is there any way to fix the lagging issues? I opened up my computer case and cleaned it today. This is my specs http://imgur.com/a/XhLIz and also I have a  400W PSU.

Okay will try that. Now I'm thinking whether I should keep this lenevo pc or return it and get something little better

7 minutes ago, nerdslayer1 said:

update drivers first 

I have the latest update for the intel cpu and AMD RX 460. What else drivers would I need?

7 minutes ago, MillAsusRog said:

Okay will try that. Now I'm thinking whether I should keep this lenevo pc or return it and get something little better

Remember to use the quote button (or tag with @[username]) when replying so the person who you've replied to can see that you've replied to em :) 

1 minute ago, MillAsusRog said:

I have the latest update for the intel cpu and AMD RX 460. What else drivers would I need?

Reinstalling the GPU drivers for the RX460...it's possible that it's a borked install :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

4 minutes ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

Remember to use the quote button (or tag with @[username]) when replying so the person who you've replied to can see that you've replied to em :) 

Reinstalling the GPU drivers for the RX460...it's possible that it's a borked install :P 

reinstall AMD driver 17.1 or downgrade back a drive?

1 minute ago, MillAsusRog said:

reinstall AMD driver 17.1 or downgrade back a drive?

reinstall 17.1 and if it doesn't work, go back one version :) 

By the way, use an application called display driver utility (DDU) to remove your GPU drivers.

2 hours ago, Mr.Meerkat said:

reinstall 17.1 and if it doesn't work, go back one version :) 

By the way, use an application called display driver utility (DDU) to remove your GPU drivers.

my game is still lagging and I noticed that my RX 460 goes up 70*C when I'm playing gta 5 at lowest settings.

1 hour ago, MillAsusRog said:

my game is still lagging and I noticed that my RX 460 goes up 70*C when I'm playing gta 5 at lowest settings.

Try moving GTA 5 to your other hard drive, WD to Seagate vice versa. If this doesnt work, you should consider uninstalling Intel graphic driver since  you have that installed.

Intel i7 8700 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz | Node 202 | Cryorig C7 Cu | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB OC'ed | WD Black M.2 PCIE NVMe 500GB/WD Blue M.2 SATA 500GB | Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI | Corsair SF600

9 hours ago, MillAsusRog said:

Yeah, 70C sounds about right for a OEM cooled RX460 :/ 

On 1/25/2017 at 10:14 PM, YeuJin said:

Try moving GTA 5 to your other hard drive, WD to Seagate vice versa. If this doesnt work, you should consider uninstalling Intel graphic driver since  you have that installed.

Alright will give that a try.

On 1/29/2017 at 8:40 AM, MillAsusRog said:

Alright will give that a try.

Also I think GTX 10 series and RX 4xx are new to GTA 5 and it's not optimized. I was lagging at low settings with GTX 1060, then I checked my GPU usage and it goes from 40-50% and then I tried cranking up maxed settings I got around 80fps with 80-99% usage on my GPU.

Intel i7 8700 | TridentZ RGB 2x8GB 3200MHz | Node 202 | Cryorig C7 Cu | MSI GTX 1080 Gaming X 8GB OC'ed | WD Black M.2 PCIE NVMe 500GB/WD Blue M.2 SATA 500GB | Gigabyte Z370N-WIFI | Corsair SF600