MSI G45 Can't connect to internet

Sentient

Hey guys I can't connect to the internet with the MSI Z87 G45 motherboard , I have downloaded the latest killer networking driver but it still won't recognize my ethernet cable? , please help :x

No damage to the cable? Try the cable on a different device. Check the other port it's plugged into. Check everything...EVERYTHING!

| 5820k+EK supremacy nickel+acetal white 4.5Ghz | X99 Deluxe | Enthoo Luxe | 2x gtx780+komod NV full cover block | Corsair AX1200i | WD blue 500gb |

Kingston V300 120gb | Samsung 840 Evo 500gb| Bitspower D5 vario+Res combo | primochill advanced LRT tubing (Solid White) |

| Alphacool Nexxos MONSTA dual 120mm Black Ice nemesis GTX360 triple 120mm | Noctua NF-F12 X4 | Bitspower true silver 1/2ID 3/4 OD compressions (various angles) |

It's not the cable or modem , I was just on the web earlier when it was plugged into my now old PC 

Check the adapter is enabled?

I made sure it's enabled in the BIOS 

Alright. Is your computer assigned a static or dynamic address? Also, try to ping your router.

Alright. Is your computer assigned a static or dynamic address? Also, try to ping your router.

I don't know whether it's static or dynamic , how do I ping my router?

You can check your Network settings by right clicking on the network adapter you are using, go to properties, and then edit the IPv4 settings. To ping your router type in "ping 192.168.1.254" in command prompt without the quotes. ( your router address may be different such as something like 192.168.1.1)

You can check your Network settings by right clicking on the network adapter you are using, go to properties, and then edit the IPv4 settings. To ping your router type in "ping 192.168.1.254" in command prompt without the quotes. ( your router address may be different such as something like 192.168.1.1)

Hmm ,I can't seem to find anything that will let me edit IPv4 settings , i'm using windows 8 btw , I think I may have to contact MSI tech support tomorrow

Hmm ,I can't seem to find anything that will let me edit IPv4 settings , i'm using windows 8 btw , I think I may have to contact MSI tech support tomorrow

alright well I don't have access to my computer at the moment so I can't get you screenshots to lead you. So just type in "ipconfig /all" without the quotes in command prompt and either paste the output here or upload a screenshot.

Alright so I had to type it out :D

Node Type : Hybrid

IP Routing Enabled: No

WINS Proxy Enabled : No

Ethernet adapter Ethernet:

Media state.......Media disconnected

connection-specific DNS Suffix . : 

Description.....: Killer e2200 Gigabit Ethernet Controller

DHCP Enabled : Yes

Autoconfigration Enabled : Yes