Making a 60hz monitor a 120hz monitor?

Go to solution Solved by Droidbot,

Inverters, panel being low quality, etc. 120Hz monitors have significantly better and higher quality internal hardware to allow the higher refresh rate.

I want to know what limits a 60hz monitor to 60hz. Is it possible to upgrade a 60hz monitor to 144hz by changing any of the hardware? I can not find any info on if this is possible and if there is any said hardware can you buy it?

Inverters, panel being low quality, etc. 120Hz monitors have significantly better and higher quality internal hardware to allow the higher refresh rate.

idk

43 minutes ago, aggressivedevil said:

I want to know what limits a 60hz monitor to 60hz. Is it possible to upgrade a 60hz monitor to 144hz by changing any of the hardware? I can not find any info on if this is possible and if there is any said hardware can you buy it?

The only hardware you need to change is all of it

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_   

No, it's not possible to change anything, so you would be able to make 144Hz out of 60Hz monitor.

Some monitors can be "overclocked". But that works like from 60 to 75Hz

Or from 165Hz to 185Hz

Never seen any monitor that could be "overclocked" for more than 30Hz.

Intel i7 12700K | Gigabyte Z690 Gaming X DDR4 | Pure Loop 240mm | G.Skill 3200MHz 32GB CL14 | CM V850 G2 | RTX 3070 Phoenix | Lian Li O11 Air mini

Samsung EVO 960 M.2 250GB | Samsung EVO 860 PRO 512GB | 4x Be Quiet! Silent Wings 140mm fans

WD My Cloud 4TB