UPS help.

steve-kon

All through my selection and buying oc parts for my PC, I totally ignored the UPS. Our area is prone to Power Cuts so now I want to include UPS to my build but don't know what and how to select one. Here's my build list.

https://in.pcpartpicker.com/user/steve-kon/saved/FgBbvK

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 2 x 8GB GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5

Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsund 850 EVO 250 GB, PSU: Corsair RM 750X, Display(s): BenQ BL2710PT: Cooling: Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power

Mouse: Gamdias DEMETER II- 3200DPI Gaming Mouse, Operating System: Windows 8.1

Whatever you order, please get UPS to deliver it.

PC - NZXT H510 Elite, Ryzen 5600, 16GB DDR3200 2x8GB, EVGA 3070 FTW3 Ultra, Asus VG278HQ 165hz,

Mac - 1.4ghz i5, 4GB DDR3 1600mhz, Intel HD 5000.  x2

Endlessly wishing for a BBQ in space.

3 minutes ago, Kierax said:

Whatever you order, please get UPS to deliver it.

Am I supposed to take it funny or do you really mean it?

CPU: Intel Core i5-6600K, Motherboard: MSI Z170A GAMING M5, RAM: G.Skill DDR4 2 x 8GB GPU: MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X, Case: Cooler Master MasterCase 5

Storage: WD Blue 1TB, Samsund 850 EVO 250 GB, PSU: Corsair RM 750X, Display(s): BenQ BL2710PT: Cooling: Thermalright True Spirit 140 Power

APC makes pretty decent ones. Just get an UPS from a reliable brand that can deliver enough power for your rig. The longer you want to be able to use your PC after power goes down the more expensive they'll get

This for instance would do just fine

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/650va-apc-bk650ei-tower-ups-with-internet-dsl-fax-modem-protection-retail-box

Does you mum know you're here?

On 1/23/2017 at 3:26 PM, VVoltor said:

APC makes pretty decent ones. Just get an UPS from a reliable brand that can deliver enough power for your rig. The longer you want to be able to use your PC after power goes down the more expensive they'll get

This for instance would do just fine

https://www.scan.co.uk/products/650va-apc-bk650ei-tower-ups-with-internet-dsl-fax-modem-protection-retail-box

I saw this video on how to choose a UPS, in that video he says I should get an UPS that has more wattage than my PSU, is that really necessary?

That guy is obviously trying to sell their products, would take what he says with a grain of salt. Or two.

The 80+ gold power supply you picked is about 90% efficient under any kind of load. So, since your system won't use more than 380W, the PSU won't draw more than 422W from the wall. (380 / 0.9 = 422.22)

Just remember if you want to connect your monitor or any other devices to the UPS you'll have to add a little to that.

Does you mum know you're here?

2 hours ago, VVoltor said:

That guy is obviously trying to sell their products, would take what he says with a grain of salt. Or two.

The 80+ gold power supply you picked is about 90% efficient under any kind of load. So, since your system won't use more than 380W, the PSU won't draw more than 422W from the wall. (380 / 0.9 = 422.22)

Just remember if you want to connect your monitor or any other devices to the UPS you'll have to add a little to that.

Thanks. So a 1000VA would do right, even if I connect a monitor?

13 hours ago, steve-kon said:

I have a 1200 VA APC UPS at home for my 6700K rig with a 1070, monitor, network switch and UnRaid box (FX-8350 & GTX 770) that shows a half hour of run time when the power drops out.  If you are just using this for the rig shown, then a 1000 VA UPS should be plenty sufficient for performing saves and a safe shutdown of your device.

13 hours ago, steve-kon said:

Yep, it should be plenty. I would opt for a line interactive UPS unit as well. Do check out Eaton UPS units as well.

Your system is around 350-375W. I have a 2500K (OC) and a 1070 (Also OC) at full load, it's about that.