How to get a legal copy of Photoshop Elements 11 + Premier Elements 11

About a year ago I found a copy of Photoshop Elements 11 and Premier Elements 11 combo pack for $25 at Walmart. After a lengthy online chat with Adobe I convinced them to allow me to activate the software (they didn't want me to, they claimed it was too old and should not have been sold to me in the first place)

Fast forward to today and I still have my licence for the two programs linked to my Adobe ID, but I've lost the CDs. What legal method is there for me to obtain the programs again without paying for them? I don't think Adobe would have them, and I doubt it would be legal for me to torrent the software even if I legally own a licence, so what are my options here?

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

If you still have a copy of your license then that's no issue- just torrent them and activate it with your key.

Sergeant, United States Marine Corps

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

From a G3258 to dual Xeon E5-2670's

1 minute ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

If you still have a copy of your license then that's no issue- just torrent them and activate it with your key.

If the only torrents are cracked copies then wouldn't that make it illegal?

Yes, it's 2871 as in the year 2871. I traveled all this way, back in time, just to help you. And you thought your mama lied when she said you were special-_-

5 hours ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

Torrents aren't cracked copies, they're regular installs of the program that you manually have to crack [...]. If you're not using the crack then you're not doing anything illegal.

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Network Administrator, Comptia A+, Security+, Cisco Certified Networking Associate

2 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

No. Basically it's like taking it from the microsoft website, the key is technically your OS. You could say. So it wouldn't really be illegal unless you used a legit key, not a KMS key.

Though this is adobe and it's almost the same thing.

The geek himself.

5 hours ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Torrents aren't cracked copies, they're regular installs of the program that you manually have to crack [...]. If you're not using the crack then you're not doing anything illegal.

Interesting. I hope you're right!

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

Fun fact, the majority of people who pay for adobe programs once pirated them- like me. I used to pirate the Adobe Suite, but now I pay for the Creative Cloud as I need the tools & updates.

2 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

Fun fact, the majority of people who pay for adobe programs once pirated them- like me. I used to pirate the Adobe Suite, but now I pay for the Creative Cloud as I need the tools & updates.

I won't admit to that myself, but your claim makes a lot of sense to me. ;)

20 minutes ago, Jacktastic-Mofo said:

I have a pirated version of Ps and Ai and I'm getting updates through CC anyway.

1 minute ago, JelleDekkers said:

I have a pirated version of Ps and Ai and I'm getting updates through CC anyway.

Shame! Also, interesting. Hope you don't get a knock on your door. 

Had a similar issue like yours. Just torrent them, don't use the cracks, won't matter at all. But I seriously doubt that there are only pirate versions out there ?!!?!?!? Or someone here can share you a copy of it?

(not me - don't have it)

Edited by Ryan_Vickers

34 minutes ago, Xanthe_2871 said:

the disc images are copy right. so only authorised people can make copies and distribute. I do not think you on the receiving end will be breaking copyright, it will be the uploader

☼

ψ ︿_____︿_ψ_