Connecting studio monitors and a DJ controller to my PC

I am trying to connect my KRK Rokit 5's to my PC as well as my numark mixtrack pro 3 to my PC. I want my PC to use my KRK's as speakers normally. When I want to record my my DJ mixes I want to be able to connect my mixtrack pro 3 to [insert what I need] and start mixing. My biggest issue is what do I need. Do I need an audio interface or a dac or both? I know the sound cards that come with PC's usually do not have enough juice to really let studio monitors perform at their best, but I do not know how a DAC would connect to my PC anyways. My mixtrack pro 3 has a built in RCA audio interface so do I need one for my computer? I have a lot of questions and I am generally confused at what to do can anyone help? I have include some pictures to maybe help everyone get a feel of what's going on.  

krk back.jpg

mixtrack pro 3 back.jpg

motherboard ports #2.jpg

motherboard ports#1.jpg

I think you need a audio interface but honestly I don't see what your problem is i'm more of a producer kind of guy but what is happening right now does sound not come out of the speakers when you are mixing or something.Why not just take a type b cable and connect the dj controller to your computer

My life

53 minutes ago, Himommies said:

I think you need a audio interface but honestly I don't see what your problem is i'm more of a producer kind of guy but what is happening right now does sound not come out of the speakers when you are mixing or something.Why not just take a type b cable and connect the dj controller to your computer

so what I do with the RCA output on the back of the copntroller, how do I connect that to the computer

25 minutes ago, deaddudaman31122 said:

so what I do with the RCA output on the back of the copntroller, how do I connect that to the computer

I don't think you need it.Or if that dosen't work plug it into your speakers

My life

isnt the controller just controlling software on the computer, just set that software to go out of the speakers.

6 hours ago, Ahoy Hoy said:

isnt the controller just controlling software on the computer, just set that software to go out of the speakers.

Sort of, I think it's more the controller controlling software which tells the controller hardware what to do.

@deaddudaman31122 if you get a USB audio interface, set it up so that the output from the computer goes through it, then when you want to record a mix plug the controllers output into the interface. You'll need phono to jack adapters for this and you'll need to keep the signal in two mono channels.

You should be able to set up whatever recording software to let you listen to the input in real-time. In this case I'd suggest the focusrite 2i2 as it has a direct monitor option, which would remove the latency of going through the DAW you use by outputting directly.

So, I dj too.

I use DDJ-SBs, which also have an RCA out.

I connect both my RCA out of my decks and my PC to my amp/reciever for my home cinema.

I tell my DJ controller software (in my case virtual dj 8) to use my controller as the ouput.

I then switch between decks and PC output.

If I'm DJing, I have my reviever set to RCA input, and if I'm doing anything else, I use the digital/optical input (which my PC is connected to).

Your speakers are active, so don't need an amp/audio interface as such.

You need an XLR to RCA adapter, then and RCA splitter, and probably an RCA to 3.5mm adapter.

RCA out of decks, 3.5mm out of PC.

3.5mm to RCA. RCA from decks and from PC into splitter, then single end of splitter to XLR adapter to speakers.

This will mean both your decks and your other PC audio are both connected to the speakers.

Use the 3.5mm line out of your PC for all PC sound other than DJing.

Use your DJ software to make the master output your decks RCA connection (probably chan 1&2).

IF YOU USE YOUR PC AS YOUR MASTER OUT, AND YOU PLUG HEADPHONES IN TO MONITOR YOUR CUE TRACK, THERE WILL BE A HORRIBLE DELAY. LET YOUR DECKS DO ALL OF THE DJing PART.

I hope this helps :)

Feel free to ask questions to clarify.
I feel I didn't explain all that well :P

On 1/23/2017 at 9:51 AM, rhyseyness said:

So, I dj too.

I use DDJ-SBs, which also have an RCA out.

I connect both my RCA out of my decks and my PC to my amp/reciever for my home cinema.

I tell my DJ controller software (in my case virtual dj 8) to use my controller as the ouput.

I then switch between decks and PC output.

If I'm DJing, I have my reviever set to RCA input, and if I'm doing anything else, I use the digital/optical input (which my PC is connected to).

Your speakers are active, so don't need an amp/audio interface as such.

You need an XLR to RCA adapter, then and RCA splitter, and probably an RCA to 3.5mm adapter.

RCA out of decks, 3.5mm out of PC.

3.5mm to RCA. RCA from decks and from PC into splitter, then single end of splitter to XLR adapter to speakers.

This will mean both your decks and your other PC audio are both connected to the speakers.

Use the 3.5mm line out of your PC for all PC sound other than DJing.

Use your DJ software to make the master output your decks RCA connection (probably chan 1&2).

IF YOU USE YOUR PC AS YOUR MASTER OUT, AND YOU PLUG HEADPHONES IN TO MONITOR YOUR CUE TRACK, THERE WILL BE A HORRIBLE DELAY. LET YOUR DECKS DO ALL OF THE DJing PART.

I hope this helps :)

Feel free to ask questions to clarify.
I feel I didn't explain all that well :P

Thanks for all the help. Once I get a list of everything I need to set up I'll probably need more help, but I'll use what you have given as much as possible thanks man. 

2 hours ago, deaddudaman31122 said:

Thanks for all the help. Once I get a list of everything I need to set up I'll probably need more help, but I'll use what you have given as much as possible thanks man. 

No problem. Gimme a message or post back in here (quote/mention me) if you need more help :)