New Build - No CPU Temps

jakon72

So I've just got my new rig built constructed of half new and half old parts, everything boots up properly. I checked my Corsair Link and Speccy to see my CPU temps and neither are recording any at all... I'm running an i7 7700K w/Corsair h100i. The pump and it's LED plus the fans are working but I'm not seeing any temps at all. Anyone have any ideas as to why this might be?

download HWMonitor http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html it should show you the temps. Also, make sure you have your corsair link usb cable plugged into one of the usb 2.0 connectors on the mobo, maybe check to see the connection is good by plugging in again. HWMonitor shows temps from the cpu sensor, if i'm not mistaken, so you should get a reading from there at the very least. 

4 minutes ago, Pachuca said:

download HWMonitor http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html it should show you the temps. Also, make sure you have your corsair link usb cable plugged into one of the usb 2.0 connectors on the mobo, maybe check to see the connection is good by plugging in again. HWMonitor shows temps from the cpu sensor, if i'm not mistaken, so you should get a reading from there at the very least. 

CPU temps are usually relied with a sensor in the CPU and the motherboard reading it. If it's not showing up then no software would be able to really fix it unless it's an issue with the motherboard BIOS :P 

Looking at my signature are we now? Well too bad there's nothing here...

What? As I said, there seriously is nothing here :) 

13 hours ago, Pachuca said:

I've got my CPU temps up with Speccy now, I just can't seem to get them working with Corsair Link. The H100i just doesn't even show up in Corsair Link.

6 minutes ago, jakon72 said:

I've got my CPU temps up with Speccy now, I just can't seem to get them working with Corsair Link. The H100i just doesn't even show up in Corsair Link.

My old ASUS mobo did that when I had an AMD rig. For me it wasn't an issue. I just downloaded HWmonitor and checked temps. I did benchmarks and played AAA games with no hiccups :)

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

RAM: 32GB G.Skill Ripjaws @ 3600MHz

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super

STORAGE: 250GB ADATA SSD / 500GB WD Blue SSD / 1TB WD Blue HD

12 hours ago, GamerMan said:

My old ASUS mobo did that when I had an AMD rig. For me it wasn't an issue. I just downloaded HWmonitor and checked temps. I did benchmarks and played AAA games with no hiccups :)

The problem is, I want to be able to adjust my fan speed on the H100i when I render videos. Without that I can overheat easily.

2 minutes ago, jakon72 said:

The problem is, I want to be able to adjust my fan speed on the H100i when I render videos. Without that I can overheat easily.

CorsairLink is really touchy anyways. On Win.7 it was fin for me but when I moved to Win.10 it had problems. You could get a fan controller? Maybe?

GAMING RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 5 5800X3D

MOBO: ASUS TUF Gaming X570 PLUS (Wi-Fi)

GPU: PowerColor Fighter RX 6700 XT

STORAGE: 500GB Crucial MX500 M.2 (Boot Drive) / 500GB Crucial SATA / 1TB WD HDD

CASE: Dimas Tech EasyBench V3.0

VR RIG:

CPU: Ryzen 7 5700x

MOBO: MSI B550 Gaming GEN3

GPU: Zotac AMP! 2080 Super