Gigabyte GeForce GTX 780 Ti pictured, performance confirmed

Youbetternot

The fact that all the high-end cards in the $400-$700 range are pretty much within single-digit percentages of each other is freaking stupid.

Honestly R9-290X and 780-Ti should top it off at $500, with R9-290 and 780 right behind in the $400-$450 range.

Can we go back to the Fermi days when GPU pricing made sense?

The 600/7000 also made still sense.

HD7970 was only $400 on release and the GTX680 $500 and the GTX670 $400.

Now the high end starts where it ended last Year :(

I hope that the 20nm GPUs go back to the low prices from the 500/600/6000/7000 series.

RTX2070OC 

Wait there is a 780ti and a Ghz edition? What's the difference?

Selling my parts of my 900D rig for a jacked up Ncase M1. PM me for offers if interested (will take some reasonable-low offers because I'm desperate).

Parts that I'm selling: 900D (1 slot cover broken for stealth DVD drive mod) | Asus Z87 Deluxe | Cooler Master 212 Evo | Corsair 4x2GB black ram @1600mhz | EVGA 1000G2 PSU (2 cables with missing heat shrink) | DVD drive | HP membrane keyboard | Ducky Shine 3 YOTS in blue switches (warranty sticker broken)

Wait there is a 780ti and a Ghz edition? What's the difference?

The GTX780 GHZ is just an overclocked version of the GTX780 and the GTX780 TI is complete new Card.

RTX2070OC 

The 600/7000 also made still sense.

HD7970 was only $400 on release and the GTX680 $500 and the GTX670 $400.

Now the high end starts where it ended last Year :(

I hope that the 20nm GPUs go back to the low prices from the 500/600/6000/7000 series.

Just buy a 290 for 400$ and you're set, the difference between a 290 and a 290x is just the length of your epeen.

The same happens with 780/ti/titan, all those ultra high-end cards are just for the people who want the best of the best.

The GTX780 GHZ is just an overclocked version of the GTX780 and the GTX780 TI is complete new Card.

I wouldn't call it completely new, it's just with less stuff disabled, what makes it still the same card more or less,

with the pricetag it's going to have, still not the card to buy imho.

I think a lot of people will be going down the 2 x R290 which will be a lot cheaper and faster.

Only problems are xfire issues and power, noise and heat!

Will wait until tomorrow when NDA lifts and we can see what price is like. If this is faster than titan and the current 'GPU king' Nvidia will go wild with pricing again I think.

Why would you get 2 x R9 290 or even 2 x R9 290X when they don't support crossfire? Watch the review for both cards and you will learn there is NO performance increase when AMD tried crossfire, that is why they don't have one. 

Please skip to 3.14

You misunderstood. He simply stated that the crossfire connectors are no longer required for the cards to be used in crossfire configuration. Go to 3:37 and read the slide.

Also, directly from AMD's site (under features): http://www.amd.com/us/products/desktop/graphics/R9/Pages/amd-radeon-hd-r9-series.aspx

If the 290 series don't support Xfire as you say, they wouldn't list it as a feature.

You misunderstood. He simply stated that the crossfire connectors are no longer required for the cards to be used in crossfire configuration.

I thought that crossfire had to be run through the crossfire bridge.

I stand corrected and thank you for clarifying this for me Zero! :)

Please skip to 3.14

Why would you get 2 x R9 290 or even 2 x R9 290X when they don't support crossfire? Watch the review for both cards and you will learn there is NO performance increase when AMD tried crossfire, that is why they don't have one.

The pain.

Who for the love of god would think AMD would release a flagship cards that doesn't support crossfire.

That would be the most stupid thing in history. In Pcper's review you can see that the 290/x without their crossfire fingers,

almost completely got rid of the framepacing issue. And what Linus means that they don't see a performance difference even on

pcie2.0 8x only means, the cards don't perform worse than on pcie3.0 16x etc..

I thought that crossfire had to be run through the crossfire bridge.

I stand corrected and thank you for clarifying this for me Zero! :)

np