Would like to hear opinions on build?

NB! I've made the purchase so no further conversations needed

I already have a gaming PC, which i got 1 1/2 years ago, but i wanted to keep it and build a mor eballer mITX Rig, which is relatively portable. I live in Norway so what i can choose from is more limited due to smaller retailers. But id like to hear second opinions on the build before i press the purchase button.

Specs 

Intel i5-7600k (6% sale) 

CM Seidon AIO CPU Cooler (Going to take it from my other PC and not included in total price)

MSI 270i gaming Pro Carbon AC

CM G550M 550W Psu (19% sale) 

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB 2133Mhz RAM | Changed to 2400mhz variant

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Gaming (15% sale)

Case

Bitfenix Prodigy mITX

Total price at current exchange rate: 11 784 NOK/ 1400,96 USD

Looks fine. The PSU isn't the best, but isn't bad at all.

If you want to reply back to me or someone else USE THE QUOTE BUTTON!                                                      
Pascal laptops guide

10 minutes ago, CauseICan said:

I already have a gaming PC, which i got 1 1/2 years ago, but i wanted to keep it and build a mor eballer mITX Rig, which is relatively portable. I live in Norway so what i can choose from is more limited due to smaller retailers. But id like to hear second opinions on the build before i press the purchase button.

Specs 

Intel i5-7600k (6% sale) 

CM Seidon AIO CPU Cooler (Going to take it from my other PC and not included in total price)

MSI 270i gaming Pro Carbon AC

CM G550M 550W Psu (19% sale) 

Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2x8GB 2133Mhz RAM

EVGA GTX 1070 FTW Gaming (15% sale)

Case

Bitfenix Prodigy mITX

Total price at current exchange rate: 11 784 NOK/ 1400,96 USD

Hmmm seems pretty good, though your RAM has a lower clockspeed than what that motherboard can take, it wont affect performance much but if you find a higher clockspeed at the same price, go for it.

Edited by QuantumBit
I used the wrong "your/you're"

Ion (Main Build)                                                                                        Overall Setup

i5 6500 3.2 GHz                                                                     -Blue snowball (White) thanks goodwill

MSI Mortar Arctic                                                                   -Logitech K120

Asus 1060 6GB Dual                                                             -Logitech Daedalus Prime G302

PNY CS1311 120 GB                                                            -Mousepad I made in 1st grade with my name on it                                                 

WD Caviar Blue 1 TB                                                              

Crucial Ballistix Sport LT White 16GB (8x2GB) 2400

NZXT S340 White

Corsair CXM 450W 

Lenovo H320 (Old Pre-built PC)                                      Possible upgrade for H320          

i5 650 3.2 GHz (heh)                                                                                    Xeon X3470

Motherboard unknown                                                       Same Motherboard

iGPU                                                                                   GT 1030 (MSI Low Profile Half Height)

Crucial 240GB SSD                                                           Crucial 240GB SSD

6GB DDR3 (4+2GB)                                                           8-10GB DDR3 (4+2+2GB/4+4+2GB)

Lenovo H320 case                                                             Lenovo H320 case

Unknown PSU (210W?)                                                     Same PSU (210W?)    

3 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

Hmmm seems pretty good, though your RAM has a lower clockspeed than what that motherboard can take, it wont affect performance much but if you find a higher clockspeed at the same price, go for it.

Indeed, faster memory can help you out in CPU bound situations so if it isn't too expensive go for it.

Pascal laptops guide

5 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Looks fine. The PSU isn't the best, but is bad at all.

well it's on sale and semi modular, so it seemed like a good deal

6 minutes ago, QuantumBit said:

realized i could get 2400mhz RAM for ca 2USD more, so ill take it

10 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Looks fine. The PSU isn't the best, but is bad at all.

But 80 Plus Bronze should be good enough?

5 minutes ago, CauseICan said:

well it's on sale and semi modular, so it seemed like a good deal

Sorry, I meant "The PSU isn't the best, but it isn't bad at all." not "The PSU isn't the best, but is bad at all."

Pascal laptops guide

2 minutes ago, CauseICan said:

But 80 Plus Bronze should be good enough?

Regardless, you can check this post to see if you can find a better PSU for a good price, you never know:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

Pascal laptops guide

4 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Regardless, you can check this post to see if you can find a better PSU for a good price, you never know:

https://linustechtips.com/main/topic/631048-psu-tier-list-updated/

The problem is that im buying from the Norwegian online retailer https://www.komplett.no/ and to get anythign better i need to allmost double the price and get a 650W Psu which is more than i need

3 minutes ago, CauseICan said:

what about the corsair RM550 550w PSU?

Is its price good. It's easily better than your current PSU.

Pascal laptops guide

1 minute ago, Castdeath97 said:

costs 40% more tho

6 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

also unsure if it fits in the case

1 minute ago, CauseICan said:

also unsure if it fits in the case

You can check the PSU dimensions against the case requirements shown in this page:

https://www.bitfenix.com/global/en/products/chassis/prodigy#specs

Pascal laptops guide

2 minutes ago, CauseICan said:

i have and it doesnt really fit

Well then I'd say stick with it unless you find a PSU in a better tier that can fit AND isn't out of your budget.

Pascal laptops guide

15 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

Well then I'd say stick with it unless you find a PSU in a better tier that can fit AND isn't out of your budget.

i can get fractal design Edison M for cheaper than the corsair RM550, ill just have to fit it in somehow

18 minutes ago, Castdeath97 said:

i can also get a Fractal Design Integra M which will fit better, and it is a Tier 3 acoording to that list although its just 80 plus bronze

19 minutes ago, CauseICan said:

i can also get a Fractal Design Integra M which will fit better, and it is a Tier 3 acoording to that list although its just 80 plus bronze

Still good. If its not much pricer and semi modular get it. Avoid non modular PSU in ITX builds, they make things really difficult.

Pascal laptops guide