My 1st gaming build - is it good? Can it be improved?

Go to solution Solved by joshfrog,

it looks solid, the mobo you have will let you overclock, i no you said you have another computer and only 2 games will be installed but mayb get a 1tb drive to install your games to so you dont need to keep installing and moving games around. a 240gb ssd is good dont need more unless installing lots of software and games.

if your after bit of  future proof an i7 might be better to get but for now and most games your i5 is fine.

overall its a solid build maybe just think about adding the hdd.

CPU - i5 6600k

Cooler - Evo 212

Mobo - Asus Z170 Pro Gaming

Mem - Kingston Fury 16GB(2x8)

SSD - Sandisk 240GB

GPU - Asus Strix 1060 6GB

PSU - Corsair CSM 550W 80+ Gold Certified 

Case - Sharkoon V24-W 

*(CPU,Cooler,Mobo,GPU&PSU - I want a little of future proof(overclocking) in order to be able to play new games to come in the future in 1080p, I don't care about 4k)

*(240GB SSD only because I have another computer, so I will use this one only for gaming, no more than 2 games installed at the time)

Welcome to the forums!

The Evo 212 will give you mild overclocking.

Also; BITWIT made a video about the benefits of overclocking. A heavy overclock will only give a few extra FPS, more or less depending on the games.

So in my opinion relying on an OC wont make you hold out much longer.

That doesn't mean I don't recommend overclocking however!

it looks solid, the mobo you have will let you overclock, i no you said you have another computer and only 2 games will be installed but mayb get a 1tb drive to install your games to so you dont need to keep installing and moving games around. a 240gb ssd is good dont need more unless installing lots of software and games.

if your after bit of  future proof an i7 might be better to get but for now and most games your i5 is fine.

overall its a solid build maybe just think about adding the hdd.