Sony Vaio Duo 13: "Almost useless" - gets flunkie score

VG, Norway's biggest newspaper, have tested the new version of the hybrid tablet and netbook from Sony. They lauded the battery life of over 11 hours and the solid construction, but in the end they concluded that this was not enough to make up for the fact that the Wi-Fi antenna is worthless, ruining the entire unit and making it "near useless".

sony-vg-hovedbilde.jpg

According to their test, the Wi-Fi would stop working only one or two light walls away from the router, something Sony has claimed requires a software update, but vg.no essentially called shenanigans on this and called the antenna assembly itself "worthless". Another criticism was that the screen can still not be angled enough, to eliminate roof light reflections.

The previous version of this tablet/netbook hybrid had the exact same problem, which begs the question what the hell are Sony's engineers smoking?

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

All the retail stored I have seen this unit have the plastic crack somewhere and the hinge lock system broken..

If it can't survive to be a demo, it means it's not good quality. Just that doesn't make me consider this device.

All the retail stored I have seen this unit have the plastic crack somewhere and the hinge lock system broken..

If it can't survive to be a demo, it means it's not good quality. Just that doesn't make me consider this device.

I think the original had more plastic, this new one is using some magnesium.

In case the moderators do not ban me as requested, this is a notice that I have left and am not coming back.

Meh wasn't considering to buy a Sony laptop/tablet anyway there are much better selections.