I7-7700k compatible with ASrock X99 Taichi?

So is it compatible? 

If not what CPU is that's the same as the kabylake

No. Two completely different sockets. There's no Kaby Lake CPU that will fit on that motherboard.

'Fanboyism is stupid' - someone on this forum.

Be nice to each other boys and girls. And don't cheap out on a power supply.

Spoiler

CPU: Intel Core i7 4790K - 4.5 GHz | Motherboard: ASUS MAXIMUS VII HERO | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengeance Pro DDR3 | SSD: Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB | GPU: MSI GTX 980 Ti Gaming 6GB | PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2 | Case: NZXT Phantom 530 | Cooling: CRYORIG R1 Ultimate | Monitor: ASUS ROG Swift PG279Q | Peripherals: Corsair Vengeance K70 and Razer DeathAdder

7700k is LGA1151, so it has 1151 pinouts connecting it to the board.

X99 Taichi supports LGA2011-3 CPUs only, so it has 2011 pins to connect it to the processor. 

No. Get a 6800k to use the Taichi. 

idk

Remember it is highly recommended to get skylake over kaby lake. Kaby lake is not faster, and sometimes is worse.

1 minute ago, ShadySocks said:

Remember it is highly recommended to get skylake over kaby lake. Kaby lake is not faster, and sometimes is worse.

It's the same IPC, but it's clocked faster and there's new chips in the low end as well as 4K Netflix (via Edge only, fml) 

What's not to like?

idk

I'm an idiot, I assumed all CPU have the same size -.-

So a 6800k would be a the best choice -.- i am so pissed, I already bought everything and was ready to build the desktop T_T oh well you live and you learn I guess 

1 minute ago, Droidbot said:

It's the same IPC, but it's clocked faster and there's new chips in the low end as well as 4K Netflix (via Edge only, fml) 

What's not to like?

From my badly informed point of view, it seems intel is just limiting their skylakes through software to make up for the lack of improvement in their new chips. I pray that the skylakes and older processors won't mysteriously go down in performance next year if cannonlake is a bust.

From my badly informed point of view, it seems intel is just limiting their skylakes through software to make up for the lack of improvement in their new chips. I pray that the skylakes and older processors won't mysteriously go down in performance next year if cannonlake is a bust.

why would they limit the older chips? the underlying hardware is the same through skylake or kaby lake, and it's just a tock improvement like intel have announced. 

idk

5 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

why would they limit the older chips? the underlying hardware is the same through skylake or kaby lake, and it's just a tock improvement like intel have announced. 

It seems intel is getting a little bit greedy with AMD Ryzen lurking, and is looking for a little more cash. I don't believe the skylake chips are not capable of 4k Netflix, and intel made a few bucks of Microsoft. Apple's products mysteriously decreasing in performance and software/hardware issues when they release a new model seems to be working well...

It seems intel is getting a little bit greedy with AMD Ryzen lurking, and is looking for a little more cash. I don't believe the skylake chips are not capable of 4k Netflix, and intel made a few bucks of Microsoft. Apple's products mysteriously decreasing in performance and software/hardware issues when they release a new model seems to be working well...

it's because the Kaby Lake chips have a DRM chip onboard, allowing them to negotiate a 4K stream. Skylake can do it hardware-wise, but without that chip it can't do 4K Netflix. A lot of smart TVs and Android TV boxes have DRM chips on the mobo, allowing them to negotiate 4K streams. 

Intel has something up the pipeline to eventually mess up AMD. But it's nice to see an old player come back to the CPU wars. 

idk

6 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

it's because the Kaby Lake chips have a DRM chip onboard, allowing them to negotiate a 4K stream. Skylake can do it hardware-wise, but without that chip it can't do 4K Netflix. A lot of smart TVs and Android TV boxes have DRM chips on the mobo, allowing them to negotiate 4K streams. 

Intel has something up the pipeline to eventually mess up AMD. But it's nice to see an old player come back to the CPU wars. 

I don't understand the need for the DRM chip. I have a core2 duo and it can play 4k video. Is streaming that much more complex?

Edit: Yes, I use the core2 duo as my daily driver, over my laptop with an i7 and GTX675M, because I get no noticeable screen tearing and less input lag for some reason.

2 minutes ago, ShadySocks said:

I don't understand the need for the DRM chip. I have a core2 duo and it can play 4k video. Is streaming that much more complex?

it's just a small hardware and clockspeed bump. they didn't include it originally and now they are because people wanted it for home theater PC use. I think some IGPs can do 4k60 and decode 4k60 video anyway. 

idk

2 minutes ago, Droidbot said:

it's just a small hardware and clockspeed bump. they didn't include it originally and now they are because people wanted it for home theater PC use. I think some IGPs can do 4k60 and decode 4k60 video anyway. 

I guess this is the 'tock' part of their business model. Not sure why one would buy a CPU on the 'tock' year