No display output when installing GTX 1060

I received my gtx 1060 (MSI gaming x) today along with a new power supply (EVGA 600BQ).  I installed both and powered on my PC  - no display on either the mobo or the gpu, but all the fans started spinning and my motherboard definitely has power as the led is on.

I remove the graphics card only and the system boots fine (with the new power supply) on my i5 4590, integrated graphics HD 4600. 

As soon as I reinstall the GPU I receive no display output from either the motherboard or the gpu. 

What I have tried: clearing CMOS, clearing BIOS and updating the BIOS. 

I am running windows 10 64-bit too and my motherboard is an ASUS H81M-D plus. 

Are there any suggestions as to what I try next? 

A final side note, I am running a dual boot piece of software with ubuntu and windows 10 - in order for this to work safe boot has to be disabled. 

You might have to enable PCI display in your bios.

PC - CPU Ryzen 5 1600 - GPU Power Color Radeon 5700XT- Motherboard Gigabyte GA-AB350 Gaming - RAM 16GB Corsair Vengeance RGB - Storage 525GB Crucial MX300 SSD + 120GB Kingston SSD   PSU Corsair CX750M - Cooling Stock - Case White NZXT S340

Peripherals - Mouse Logitech G502 Wireless - Keyboard Logitech G915 TKL  Headset Razer Kraken Pro V2's - Displays 2x Acer 24" GF246(1080p, 75hz, Freesync) Steering Wheel & Pedals Logitech G29 & Shifter

36 minutes ago, RKRiley said:

You might have to enable PCI display in your bios.

Nope :/

In the BIOS, check the boot display signal, it might say "igfx" instead of "pci1", that means only HD4600 can output signal

CPU: Ryzen 2 2700@ 4.0Ghz    Mobo: Gigabyte X470 Gaming 7 Wifi    Cooler: EVGA CLC 240    GPU: GTX1080 FTW DT @ 2113Mhz   PSU: EVGA 750W P2   

Case: Fractal Design Meshify C   Displays: 34" LG34UC79G, 24" Dell