I need help with my build

1 minute ago, Natsoup said:

We are talking baout a 6600k, which can also be overclocked if it can't keep up easily

nope it can't keep up its a fact please just accept it, if you can afford a highend card its a good idea to pair it with an good cpu. 

@nerdslayer1There is a big difference between bottlenecking a GPU in the sense that you lose a few frames. And bottlenecking a GPU in the sense that the game can't run well / the experience is ruined. Please stop confusing the two.

also. Hate to burst your bubble but you do know that your CPU would "bottleneck" a GPU more than an i5 6600K in almost every game? The 5820k is about 15% weaker in single threaded and quad core utilization. 

2 minutes ago, Lilithty said:

@nerdslayer1There is a big difference between bottlenecking a GPU in the sense that you lose a few frames. And bottlenecking a GPU in the sense that the game can't run well / the experience is ruined. Please stop confusing the two.

also. Hate to burst your bubble but you do know that your CPU would "bottleneck" a GPU more than an i5 6600K in almost every game? The 5820k is about 15% weaker in single threaded and quad core utilization. 

my 5820k is clocked at 4.5 ghz  its not "weak" yes it has weaker single thread score but the overclock negate it. i am planning on 1070 sli or a 1080 ti sli. a i5 6600k can handle a single 1070 no problem but a sli 1070 or a 1080 is going to get bottlenecked 

A 6600k could match that 4.5 Ghz OC and then everything is back to the way it was. VERY few games use more than 3/4 cores. We can all agree on that. I'm not saying that pairing a 6600k with a 1070 SLI is the best idea. But to state that putting anything other than an i7 in a build at this price point isn't acceptable is ludicrous. The 6600k and 1070 SLI would probably be a bottleneck at 1080p 144hz but you'll see minimal losses compared to an i7 anyway at that res. 4k or 1440p 144hz would be a great spot to use a 6600k with 1070 SLI or a single 1080. (Ok. as good an idea as ever with SLI being what it is)