Product Type

AdvocateOfNyx
Go to solution Solved by AdvocateOfNyx,

I've found a product similar enough to what I'm looking for.  I simply needed a USB to 3.5mm headphone + mic interface, and here is the one I found.  

Link

Props to Enderman for helping me find a name for this product and to TheEavel for giving me the idea to just (duh) Google the headset it's included with.

Hello wonderful people of the LTT community!  I was wondering if I could get some help.

I'm looking for a product that preforms a task, and after around three quarters of an hour of Google searches, I totally gave up.

I'm looking for a device I can plug into a USB port on my computer with a headphone + mic jack on the other end and sound control options.  (Volume up/down, bass control, etc.)

If anyone has the name of or a link to one of these products, I'd be so thankful.

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

Mixer or audio interface is what you're looking for.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

6 hours ago, Enderman said:

Mixer or audio interface is what you're looking for.

That seems to be the case, however I was unable to find one that connects via USB and the jack I needed on the end.  

Somebody I know has exactly the thing I want.  It's a cord that he has plugged into a USB port on his pc.  There is a small plastic box at the end of the cord (which has bass/treble, volume, etc.) with a SINGLE headphone + mic jack.

-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-=+=-

Sounds like the soundcard wich comes with the Hyper X Cloud ll

CPU: Intel i7-6700k@4.6GHz 1.295V GPU: EVGA 1080Ti FTW3 RAM: 16gb HyperX Fury 3200MHz MB: Asus z170 Deluxe PSU: Seasonic X-Series 850W 80+ Gold

CPU Cooling: EKWB Predator 240 CASE: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe Monitor: Asus PG278Q Asus PG248Q Acer S242HLCBID Mouse: Logithech G700s Keyboard: Logithech G810

5 hours ago, AdvocateOfNyx said:

That seems to be the case, however I was unable to find one that connects via USB and the jack I needed on the end.  

Somebody I know has exactly the thing I want.  It's a cord that he has plugged into a USB port on his pc.  There is a small plastic box at the end of the cord (which has bass/treble, volume, etc.) with a SINGLE headphone + mic jack.

Almost all mixers and audio interfaces are USB, you just have to use "USB" in the search options.

What your friend is using might be an external DAC with a mic jack, since DACs usually only output audio and not input.

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

7 hours ago, TheEavel said:

Sounds like the soundcard wich comes with the Hyper X Cloud ll

Yes!  This specific one came with the Turtle Beach Shadow headset.  

3 hours ago, Enderman said:

Almost all mixers and audio interfaces are USB, you just have to use "USB" in the search options.

What your friend is using might be an external DAC with a mic jack, since DACs usually only output audio and not input.

Here is a picture of what I'm looking for.  (This is connected by a long cord via USB)

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 minute ago, AdvocateOfNyx said:

Here is a picture of what I'm looking for.  (This is connected by a long cord via USB)

That looks like it will give you horrible sound and mic quality...

Are you sure you want something that cheap?

There should not be any treble or bass controls on an audio device...

Spoiler

12 minutes ago, Enderman said:

That looks like it will give you horrible sound and mic quality...

Are you sure you want something that cheap?

There should not be any treble or bass controls on an audio device...

That was the cord itself without the headset attached.  As I said above, it was included with the Turtle Beach Shadow headset.  I want something similar to it.  (Or the exact same one, my friend has loved it so far)

I've found a product similar enough to what I'm looking for.  I simply needed a USB to 3.5mm headphone + mic interface, and here is the one I found.  

Link

Props to Enderman for helping me find a name for this product and to TheEavel for giving me the idea to just (duh) Google the headset it's included with.