The SR-72 "Son of Black Bird" Revealed

The great and famous SR-71 (my personal favorites) is going to have a successor to it's great name. The SR-72 Son of Blackbird, is an unmanned aircraft which can travel up to twice the speed of it's predecessor.

SR-72-490x275.jpg

The new twin-engine, hypersonic aircraft, known as SR-72 and nicknamed “Son of Blackbird,” will be designed to fly as fast as Mach 6. That’s six times the speed of sound — more than 3,500 miles per hour — and twice as fast as its predecessor.

Details of the jet were first reported last week by Aviation Week, a trade publication. The Bethesda, Md.-based company wants to fly a missile to demonstrate the technology as soon as 2018. An operational aircraft could be ready by 2030 for surveillance or strike missions.

“Hypersonic aircraft, coupled with hypersonic missiles, could penetrate denied airspace and strike at nearly any location across a continent in less than an hour,” Brad Leland, Lockheed’s program manager for hypersonics, wrote in a blog post.

“Speed is the next aviation advancement to counter emerging threats in the next several decades,” he added. “The technology would be a game-changer in theater, similar to how stealth is changing the battlespace today.”

Read more: http://defensetech.org/2013/11/04/lockheed-unveils-plans-for-sr-72/#ixzz2jiWAXii6 
Defense.org 

SR-72_engine_diagram.jpg

Lockheed has teamed with the engine manufacturer Aerojet Rocketdyne, part of Rancho Cordova, Calif.-based GenCorp Inc., to integrate an off-the-shelf turbine with a supersonic combustion ramjet air-breathing jet engine to power the aircraft from standstill to Mach 6.

Read more: http://defensetech.org/2013/11/04/lockheed-unveils-plans-for-sr-72/#ixzz2jiWOzBr4 
Defense.org 

I personally can't wait for this thing to be released. From the art it looks beautiful, just like it's father.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

Already posted?

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

I like the color scheme of Noctua fans. Deal with it. Forget about the bad memories of the past.

"wunder you really are as straight as a rainbow" - Lanoi "can I fisterino your nose" - WunderWuffle

Forget about the bad memories of the past, take the good ones along with you through the present, and look forwards to the good things that will come in the future.

My boss was in the Air Force.

His friend, the SQL coder, said it has nothing to do with stealth. And the reason is because it is so fast, that by the time the radar told you where it was, it'd be 100 miles away. 

Missiles can't catch it. So, nothing short of another SR-72 could stop it.

... That's fricking scary.

† Christian Member †

For my pertinent links to guides, reviews, and anything similar, go here, and look under the spoiler labeled such. A brief history of Unix and it's relation to OS X by Builder.

Yeah, you're a couple days late to the party. I'll see if I can dig up the link.

Nvm, ninja'd

"Say it, do it, preach it, shout it, but never, absolutely never, believe your own bullshit"   

Credited with the whole female avatar trend

Your thoughts here http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/67178-your-top-three/

I'm never the guy who just enters a post and writes REPOST but I've seen 4 topics about this I think.

posted before.

Main Rig: -FX8150 -32gb Kingston HyperX BLUE -120gb Kingston HyperX SSD -1TB WD Black -ASUS R9 270 DCUII OC -Corsair 300r -Full specs on Profile

Other Devices: -One Plus One 64gb Sandstone Black -Canon T5 -Moto G -Pebble Smartwatch -Nintendo 2DS -G27 Racing Wheel

#PlugYourStuff - 720penis - 1080penis - #KilledMyWife - #LinusButtPlug - #HashtagsAreALifestyle - CAR BOUGHT: 2010 Corolla

So scrap nasa and start making fast planes -.- srsly i wonna go to space not go to china faster

Character artist in the Games industry.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO it's a repost :'((((

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER