new build

Mr Sxxy Zone

I think you spent too much money on things that aren't essential, but it's your build and your opinion so I don't give a f*ck :P

Well i don't like Xenos, bad PSUs,bad cases (it's not that bad it just isn't that great) i hate Stock coolers, i don't like small SSDs,   :mellow:

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

No by a mile. That Xeon is an i7 4770 without an iGPU, it's Hyperthreaded so you will work 2x as fast.

well hyper threading if you saw on techquickie isn't double the performance its more like 1.2 the performance and in games xeons doesn't do very well and thats facts.

My rig : CPU: Intel i7 4820K   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI   RAM : Kingston hyper X 2133MHz 2x 8GB total 16GB   CPU-Cooling : Corsair H60 V2   SSD : Intel 335 series 180GB   PSU : Corsair RM series 750w   Chassi : Corsair Graphite 600T   GPU : Asus radeon HD7750 ( gonna upgrade soon )

isnt a 8350 better then that xeon and they're at the close price range

No, Xeon is Hyperthreaded, the FX8350 has 8 cores, but they aren't real 8 cores, just 4 pairs formed by 2 cores each that are dependant on each other, so it's basically a quad-core. Xeon has 8 logical independent cores. Practical explaination: You can work on 4 frames at a time with the FX CPU, but 8 with the Xeon.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

well hyper threading if you saw on techquickie isn't double the performance its more like 1.2 the performance and in games xeons doesn't do very well and thats facts.

Xeon does just as well as an i7 4770 and that's a fact. Also HT is important.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Well i don't like Xenos, bad PSUs,bad cases (it's not that bad it just isn't that great) i hate Stock coolers, i don't like small SSDs, :mellow:

I don't like terribly low FPS with 8800GTS...

Xeon does just as well as an i7 4770 and that's a fact. Also HT is important.

And that says the man who have a i5 and not this awesome xeon processor. ( read your rig thing if it's not correct. )

My rig : CPU: Intel i7 4820K   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI   RAM : Kingston hyper X 2133MHz 2x 8GB total 16GB   CPU-Cooling : Corsair H60 V2   SSD : Intel 335 series 180GB   PSU : Corsair RM series 750w   Chassi : Corsair Graphite 600T   GPU : Asus radeon HD7750 ( gonna upgrade soon )

I don't like terribly low FPS with 8800GTS...

fight fight fight! *eats popcorn and realises he is now of topic and in fear of being shouted at slowly walks away*

And that says the man who have a i5 and not this awesome xeon processor. ( read your rig thing if it's not correct. )

I am a gamer not video editer, I once edited something on it, pain in the ass with just 4 threads, day and night diffirence compared to i7 4770K in a friend's rig, and as I said, Haswell Xeon E3's are downclocked i7 4770's without the HD4600 iGPU. Also FX6300 can max out any game so I wouldn't fear about "worse performance in games" which is already phenomenal.

hey the 780 is an amazing card, i'm allowed to say that even though i don't own one...

to your question  is that the xeon is used by business  for date crunching and processing in multi thread usage while  the amd fx is used more for non commercial home based computers but I feel that  for your editing projects the fx series of processor is the  one I would suggest for multiple usage  Question ? explain in more detail hybrid usage also do you play games & what operating system do you use  

800$ dolars

What kind of dollars?

no.. i need both case and psu >psu something i can trow like a 760 at it and be fine with oc

If you're talking about an ax760 or a seasonic plat psu, it's overkill for anything that's not a 780 sli.

isn't a i5 better choice then a xeon processor?

If he's literally doing half gaming and half video editing, probably not.

Depends on what you're doing.

What kind of programs are you using? What kind of content do you work on?

to your question  is that the xeon is used by business  for date crunching and processing in multi thread usage while  the amd fx is used more for non commercial home based computers but I feel that  for your editing projects the fx series of processor is the  one I would suggest for multiple usage  Question ? explain in more detail hybrid usage also do you play games & what operating system do you use  

Not exactly. Xeons just have different functionality like virtualization or ecc memory. These features can be used for personal or business reasons.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

What kind of dollars?

If you're talking about an ax760 or a seasonic plat psu, it's overkill for anything that's not a 780 sli.

If he's literally doing half gaming and half video editing, probably not.

Depends on what you're doing.

What kind of programs are you using? What kind of content do you work on?

Not exactly. Xeons just have different functionality like virtualization or ecc memory. These features can be used for personal or business reasons.

i play games from bf3 (fine with mid settings) to super mario bros editing wise i do sonyvegas,after effects and cinema 4D (montage) (intros) and record pc gameplay etc and i use windows 7 pro but was going to instal wind 8 on this build

i play games from bf3 (fine with mid settings) to super mario bros editing wise i do sonyvegas,after effects and cinema 4D (montage) (intros) and record pc gameplay etc and i use windows 7 pro but was going to instal wind 8 on this build

Then here I my suggestion

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Yoy2

Still didn't answer a question--what kind of dollars? USD? AUD? CAD? etc..

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.