new build

Mr Sxxy Zone

Alright guys i want a new computer hybrid for video editing and gaming amd or intel recommend me some parts i have already from my old build

16 gb xms3 corsair ram 8x2

1Tb (need ssd)

Geforce 8800 Gts (upgrading soon)

Dvd writer

What your budget?

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Do you want a new GPU in the budget or will you buy it separately later on? Also will you eventually OC?

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Video editing then i'll guess and i7 though you might need that extra umpf if not take a i5.

The RAM seems fine and i don't think you need any more.

I'll guess you already know what graphics card you want if not, then a 770 / 780 if you want nvidia or a r9 290x / r9 290 ( when it launch ) if you want AMD.

The motherboard is always hard cause of the small impact in performance it have, so any ATX lga1150 motherboard is fine ( though i don't recommend asus cause of i will recommend a water cooler if you continue reading and the driver will make the fans go on full speed if you have it on cpu fan 1 for the pump/fan and cpu fan 2 fan/pump ) cheap ones will do the job just fine.

For a SSD i would recommend a intel cause of the very high quality and that it will last very long ( the cells won't die as quickly as others )

For cooling that cpu i think corsairs hydro series is great ( cooler masters is fine too )

Last the case and here i'll think you can just take what ever case that you think looks good ( a cheap one that doesn't totally stinks )

My rig : CPU: Intel i7 4820K   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI   RAM : Kingston hyper X 2133MHz 2x 8GB total 16GB   CPU-Cooling : Corsair H60 V2   SSD : Intel 335 series 180GB   PSU : Corsair RM series 750w   Chassi : Corsair Graphite 600T   GPU : Asus radeon HD7750 ( gonna upgrade soon )

Do you want a new GPU in the budget or will you buy it separately later on? Also will you eventually OC?

ill upgrade later on and please explain what OC is sorry

Overclocking. When you raise the GPU/CPU clock to get more performance, but you need more expensive stuff and good cooling.

My rig: CPU: Intel core i5 4670K MoBo: MSI Z87-G45 Gaming RAM: Kingston HyperX Beast 2x4GB 1600mhz CL9 GPU: EVGA GTX780 SC ACX SSD: ADATA Premier Pro SP900 256GBHDD: Western Digital RED 2TB PSU: FSP Aurum CM 750W Case: Cooler Master HAF XM OS: Windows 8 Pro

My Build log, the Snowbird (heavy WIP): http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/188011-snowbird-by-lachy/?hl=snowbird

Oc means Overclocking. 

My Pc: Cpu: I7 4790k @ 4,8 Ghz @1,25 volts, Motherboard: Maximus VII Formula, Graphicscard: 2x Titan X @1,4 at stock voltage (soon to be replaced), Ram: 32 gb Corsair Dominator Platinum 2133 Cl 9, SSD: 2x 850 Pro 1 Tb in Raid 0, 2x Samsung 840 Evo 1 tb raid 1,, PSU: Corsair HXi Series 1000W 80+ Platinum, Case: H440. Soon to be watercooled again, maybe, probably, the Titans are too loud. 

Can you reuse a PSU? A case? 

there's no point making a hybrid when you have a $800 budget but yeah sounds good

edit: apart from maybe a case or a dvd drive

Overclocking. When you raise the GPU/CPU clock to get more performance, but you need more expensive stuff and good cooling.

Oc means Overclocking.

alright i know what overclock is just didnt know the short term for it

Can you reuse a PSU? A case?

no.. i need both case and psu >psu something i can trow like a 760 at it and be fine with oc

alright i know what overclock is just didnt know the short term for it

And do you want the option to do so? Your budget is pretty low so I'd have to cheap out somewhere.

And do you want the option to do so? Your budget is pretty low so I'd have to cheap out somewhere.

i would like to OC i had a build in mind that was with all the parts i listed above plus these cpu>Amd Fx 8350 MB> asus sabertooth>case>coolmaster haf 912 cpu cooler> hyperevo 212 > psu> moudule one 750w bronze cert what are your opnions on that build

Video editing then i'll guess and i7 though you might need that extra umpf if not take a i5.

The RAM seems fine and i don't think you need any more.

I'll guess you already know what graphics card you want if not, then a 770 / 780 if you want nvidia or a r9 290x / r9 290 ( when it launch ) if you want AMD.

The motherboard is always hard cause of the small impact in performance it have, so any ATX lga1150 motherboard is fine ( though i don't recommend asus cause of i will recommend a water cooler if you continue reading and the driver will make the fans go on full speed if you have it on cpu fan 1 for the pump/fan and cpu fan 2 fan/pump ) cheap ones will do the job just fine.

For a SSD i would recommend a intel cause of the very high quality and that it will last very long ( the cells won't die as quickly as others )

For cooling that cpu i think corsairs hydro series is great ( cooler masters is fine too )

Last the case and here i'll think you can just take what ever case that you think looks good ( a cheap one that doesn't totally stinks )

forgot a PSU. i'll think a corsair RM series 750w PSU would be great but if thats to expensive then just some random xfx 800w non modular is fine

My rig : CPU: Intel i7 4820K   Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-X79S-UP5-WIFI   RAM : Kingston hyper X 2133MHz 2x 8GB total 16GB   CPU-Cooling : Corsair H60 V2   SSD : Intel 335 series 180GB   PSU : Corsair RM series 750w   Chassi : Corsair Graphite 600T   GPU : Asus radeon HD7750 ( gonna upgrade soon )

i would like to OC i had a build in mind that was with all the parts i listed above plus these cpu>Amd Fx 8350 MB> asus sabertooth>case>coolmaster haf 912 cpu cooler> hyperevo 212 > psu> moudule one 750w bronze cert what are your opnions on that build

1. don't spend that much of your budget on a board 2. get a better cooler than that i've used that one in the past and overclocked and my cpu overheated. 3. why do you need a 750w if you don't have a graphics card? even if you do get a 500w psu it's more than enough

1. don't spend that much of your budget on a board 2. get a better cooler than that i've used that one in the past and overclocked and my cpu overheated. 3. why do you need a 750w if you don't have a graphics card? even if you do get a 500w psu it's more than enough

i might upgrade to a 760 or 770 in the future

This should be good. : http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1Xp8j

This is what I created, great for editing and should max out any game. Use the things you have already.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1XpnG

isn't a i5 better choice then a xeon processor?

This is what I created, great for editing and should max out any game. Use the things you have already.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1XpnG

I thougth that he didn't needed a gpu in that 800$ budget?

isn't a i5 better choice then a xeon processor?

No by a mile. That Xeon is an i7 4770 without an iGPU, it's Hyperthreaded so you will work 2x as fast.

I thougth that he didn't needed a gpu in that 800$ budget?

Well he can as I showed above :P

Well he can as I showed above :P

I like my build better tho'

I like my build better tho'

I think you spent too much money on things that aren't essential, but it's your build and your opinion so I don't give a f*ck :P