Radiator and Fan speeds?

What's a good fan speed/percentage for pushing air through a 30 mm radiator?  I have two 140's pushing air through, but it never seems like enough airflow through the case without high noise levels.

I would think that it all depends on the temp's you're getting. I'd get a monitoring tool, and tweak them.Mine hovers around 35-40c with my 140mm almost not running at all.

28 minutes ago, AlgaeEater said:

What's a good fan speed/percentage for pushing air through a 30 mm radiator?  I have two 140's pushing air through, but it never seems like enough airflow through the case without high noise levels.

It's always going to be a tradeoff. My advice would be to generate a custom fan curve for any fan on your radiator, ramping up as the temp/ load goes up.

47 minutes ago, FullBoat said:

I would think that it all depends on the temp's you're getting. I'd get a monitoring tool, and tweak them.Mine hovers around 35-40c with my 140mm almost not running at all.

But then what about Exhaust fans and maintaining good Case pressure?  If theyre barely running then how is the air flow inside the case?  I have two 120 exhausts at around (45%) 400rpm.  Yet the Pressure is still Negative.

37 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

It's always going to be a tradeoff. My advice would be to generate a custom fan curve for any fan on your radiator, ramping up as the temp/ load goes up.

Wouldnt that affect the Case pressure? 

2 minutes ago, AlgaeEater said:

But then what about Exhaust fans and maintaining good Case pressure?  If theyre barely running then how is the air flow inside the case?  I have two 120 exhausts at around (45%) 400rpm.  Yet the Pressure is still Negative.

Wouldnt that affect the Case pressure? 

Sure it will, but if you're running a custom curve for extraction you can run one for intake as well ramping up at the same speed. Also remember those extraction fans pushing against the rad aren't going to be as efficient as some free flowing intake fans with nothing behind them.

3 minutes ago, slightlyjaded said:

Sure it will, but if you're running a custom curve for extraction you can run one for intake as well ramping up at the same speed. Also remember those extraction fans pushing against the rad aren't going to be as efficient as some free flowing intake fans with nothing behind them.

My radiator is on intake so the exhaust fans don't change.  Theyre just connected to the mobo fan headers

UfBzLbF.jpg

Just now, AlgaeEater said:

My radiator is on intake so the exhaust fans don't change.  Theyre just connected to the mobo fan headers

So slow down the exhaust fans, or disconnect one if they won't go low enough.

1 minute ago, slightlyjaded said:

So slow down the exhaust fans, or disconnect one if they won't go low enough.

Sorry for all the questions but thank you for all the help!.  Is it safe to have them at such low rpms though?  I thought air needed to move quickly though the case. 

9 minutes ago, AlgaeEater said:

Sorry for all the questions but thank you for all the help!.  Is it safe to have them at such low rpms though?  I thought air needed to move quickly though the case. 

Sure, just keep an eye on your temps. The rad in the front is cooling your cpu, (and yes it will warm up your case slightly) Running your extraction fans quicker or slower isn't going to change this much.

As long as your gpu temperatures don't spike with the reduced airflow then you're fine, but honestly 900 series cards and after are ridiculously efficient.