What are these holes in my case?

JoostinOnline
Go to solution Solved by AlgaeEater,

Liquid cooling

I used my sick GIMP/Paint skills to make it easy to explain what I'm talking about. xD

Case.jpg~original

I bought this case (which I love by the way!), but it has some holes in the back and curiosity is getting to me.  I assume they're for wires, but I have no idea why you would want wires coming out of your computer.  Or why you would have so may that you need two, as the holes are relatively large.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

for custom liquid cooling that goes even outside your case. linus did this in the whole room liquid cooling videos i think.

~i5-7600k @5GHz ~Be Quiet! Dark rock 3 ~MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X 8G ~Gigabyte GA-Z270-gaming K3 ~Corsair Vengeance Red led ~NZXT S340 Elite

1 minute ago, AlgaeEater said:

Liquid cooling

I've never actually seen liquid cooling first hand, but I thought all the parts stayed inside the case.

Make sure to quote or tag me (@JoostinOnline) or I won't see your response!

PSU Tier List  |  The Real Reason Delidding Improves Temperatures"2K" does not mean 2560×1440 

It's more a matter of backwards compatibility these days. There were more rigs with parts outside the case in the early days of water cooling.  Nowadays it would more apt to be some form of exotic cooling like was mentioned about Linus, above.

A sieve may not hold water, but it will hold another sieve.

i5-6600, 16Gigs, ITX Corsair 250D, R9 390, 120Gig M.2 boot, 500Gig SATA SSD, no HDD